FCB1010

i did dl the latest java yes, not sure if I have to re boot computer. this may sound silly but does the fcb need to be hooked up to actually see the editor or not get an error message when starting the editor? I know the axe editor will start on own.

Just spent three days reading the FCB manual, but found this:

http://voes.be/fcb1010/pdf/fcb1010 programming without software.pdf

This is my preferred way, because I can do it live. Mucho thanks to Voes.

eprom changing advice?

Hi guys new fcb1010 and new eprom chip, any advice any worries, I watched an ebay clip looks simple enough, any advice before hand would be appreciated! thanks.:D

I just borrowed an FCB1010. He let me borrow it so I could put the UnO chip in, and I've done that, but that's all.

I know nothing about midi setups. Nothing. DO I need to do anything now that the UnO chip is in?

All I really want to play with right now are the expression pedals. I want to set up a patch with a whammy pedal and a wah. If someone can help me do that, that would be amazing. I'll move on to the trickier stuff later.

I just borrowed an FCB1010. He let me borrow it so I could put the UnO chip in, and I've done that, but that's all.

I know nothing about midi setups. Nothing. DO I need to do anything now that the UnO chip is in?

All I really want to play with right now are the expression pedals. I want to set up a patch with a whammy pedal and a wah. If someone can help me do that, that would be amazing. I'll move on to the trickier stuff later.

you can find some usefull information about setting up and using the UnO
fcb1010 - UnO - Index

Hi guys new fcb1010 and new eprom chip, any advice any worries, I watched an ebay clip looks simple enough, any advice before hand would be appreciated! thanks.:D

http://voes.be/fcb1010/pdf/fcb1010 upgrade manual.pdf

Although I have trouble removing the chip with just my fingers so I use a smallish flat blade screw driver gently wedged between the underside of the IC and the socket along the middle of it's length from one end to the other. And only then gently lifting at one end, then levering down to loosen the other end. Take care!

Some new ICs have the legs splayed a little too far apart, holding the chip between finger and thumb press all the legs on one side onto a hard surface, gently but firmly to bend their corners slightly inward, and same again on the other side. Patience and close attention are your friends.

Pay great attention to getting all the legs lined up in the sockets before pushing it home.

Last edited:
getting sysx into fcb? how? does it take forever?

Hello, I was wondering if someone can tell me is voes sysx file able to be sent to my fcb? if so how? HOw do I import it to the ripwerx then send to my fcb?

I did follow voes example and I clicked send the message of the example he built and am sitting here for 10min, with a blue "wait" circle, how long does this take? is it an error?, ps I did set it up in global to receive sysx. heeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Takes about 2 seconds on average to send a new sysex to the FCB1010. Make sure that your MIDI settings are right, the the MIDI connections are correct and that you have the UNO chip installed (had to ask just in case).

If you've got the UNO chip no need to set up global receive; it's automatic.

ok got the uno chip, tried axe edit and ripworks, got both of them to read my firmware, so I am connected; I have the uno chip in; uno v102f, tried hitting transmit sysx file, on editor and ripworks, nada, stuck, wont do nada, thoughts? and yep I set up the uno chip, but playing twister on my unit; holding down a button with a foot, a hand etc. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg; why wont this thing transmit? Now Im questioning the cheap usb cable I got; but if it sees the version it should transmit right?

is it possible my cheap midi cable wont transmit sysyx but will let the firmware be detected? has any body used a fairl ycheap midi cable, like the m uno, ie. one with just a usb and 2 midi connectors?

ok im in business, got the roland um-1, transmits and everything, now I need the axe 2 and then will have a million questions how to program!

Question - once I program the FCB1010 UnO using Ripwerx as directed in Voes' how-to, I'm not entirely clear on what I need to do in the Axe Fx. I'm trying to set it up exactly as in the .pdf:

Program 6-10: stompbox mode (stomp, mod, delay, reverb, wah on/off)
Program 1-5: program change
Expression A: wah
Expression B: volume

If I follow the instructions exactly and then transmit the patches to the FCB1010, do I then just hook it up to the Axe Fx and I'm ready to rock?

Question - once I program the FCB1010 UnO using Ripwerx as directed in Voes' how-to, I'm not entirely clear on what I need to do in the Axe Fx. I'm trying to set it up exactly as in the .pdf:

Program 6-10: stompbox mode (stomp, mod, delay, reverb, wah on/off)
Program 1-5: program change
Expression A: wah
Expression B: volume

If I follow the instructions exactly and then transmit the patches to the FCB1010, do I then just hook it up to the Axe Fx and I'm ready to rock?

Probably : Yes.

Otherwise have a look here, edifying section of the wiki :

Yeks How Tos - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

Pb with momentary switch, on/off values send at PC

Hi, I use uno version and have a problem with the momentary switch function of the stompbox.

SW10 of my FCB is programmed as a momentary switch to engage an automated "dive bomb" with the whammy at pressing the SW10 and cutting back to normal at release of SW10. Howbeit, when i select the patch with for example SW1, the values of all stomps including an on/of of the SW10 are send also over the midi; and thus my dive bomb is - shortly - engaged at selecting the patch SW1 (and BTW at any PC change).

Anybody has a solution to prevent this from happening and just enable me to engage the dive bomb only when pressing the momentary switch SW10 ?

let me explain again with an example
FCB1010
stompbox 6: drive on/off cc6
stompbox 7: delay on/off cc7
stompbox 8: reverb on/off cc8
stompbox 9: modulation on/off cc9
stombox 10: tap delay cc10
for each patch in the fcb1010 you can store the on/off setting of each stompbox, these will override the on/off settings in the axe-fx.

Axe-Fx
in the I/O menu - tab CTRL you connect the different fx to CC's
drive1 cc6
delay1 cc7
reverb1 cc8
phaser1 cc9
chorus1 cc9
flanger1 cc9
tap cc10
these settings are global, thus for all the presets in the axe-fx

hope this make sense.

so what if I want a flanger phaser and chorus in one preset?
Also, HOw do I set the bottom row to some stompboxes as well? someone prior says you can ?

So a question for you Behringer FCB1010 owners; Does the expression pedal have a click-on button? I ask because on my Line 6 foot controller, I can have the Wah enabled for a preset but not active until I turn it on with the expression pedal itself. I'm wondering if a Behringer FCB1010 paired with an Axe FX Ultra would be capable of the same.

I might have to get one because my Rocktron All Access is currently in the shop, and neither the manufacturer nor the repair shop has any idea what is wrong with it, so I might be stuck with an $800.00 shiny brick.

So how do you turn on wah? Would you have to program it either as an added effect (like duplicate a patch and then add wah) or enable it as a button like any other effect?

Basically, it sounds like to would have to press a button to get wah, which is what I was hoping to avoid.

I wish I could just connect my Line 6 FCB. I love that thing, but it's not Midi. :(

So how do you turn on wah? Would you have to program it either as an added effect (like duplicate a patch and then add wah) or enable it as a button like any other effect?

Basically, it sounds like to would have to press a button to get wah, which is what I was hoping to avoid.

I wish I could just connect my Line 6 FCB. I love that thing, but it's not Midi. :(

If you have an Axe-Fx the wah can be turned on/off automatically, one of the very best features of the Axe-Fx. Love it!

Back
Top Bottom