FCB1010

voes said:
ince english is not my native language I don't know what you are trying to say :cry:

Excuse me, maybe is my poor english, I try to explain it.

When i turn off delay loose instant the repeats, it must be progressive. I want to do it changing patches, but I don´t want to loose the repeats fade out. It´s like to turn off and it don´t cut the repeats but the new sound it´s not processed by delay.

It´s diffcult to explain it with my poor english.

I guess what you want is called "Delay Spillover" in the Axe-Fx world. This has nothing to do with any footcontroller.

To enable Delay Spillover, you have to do two things:
- Enable it globally from the Global/Config menu page,
- The second patch has to have a delay of the same type, too.

One example for the last mentioned requirement: You switch from Patch 15 to Patch 16. Patch 15 has a "Delay 1" that you wish to trail out after you switched to Patch 16. Now you must have a "Delay 1" in Patch 16. This block could be bypassed, but it has to be there. If Patch 16 had no Delay block, the Delay Program Code would not be loaded and Patch 16 would not be able to produce delays.

Friedlieb said:
I guess what you want is called "Delay Spillover" in the Axe-Fx world. This has nothing to do with any footcontroller.

One example for the last mentioned requirement: You switch from Patch 15 to Patch 16. Patch 15 has a "Delay 1" that you wish to trail out after you switched to Patch 16. Now you must have a "Delay 1" in Patch 16. This block could be bypassed, but it has to be there. If Patch 16 had no Delay block, the Delay Program Code would not be loaded and Patch 16 would not be able to produce delays.

Yes, it´s idea. But I have a problem. I try to explain it with an Example. I have two patches, Patch 1 and patch 2, in patch1 I uses one delay at one time called "delay1" in patch 2 I use a different time "delay2" but i put the "delay1" bipassed to get the spill over. I have some problems with it:

If I assign one controller of my pedalboard, example 7 switch for the two blocks of delay 1 and delay2, the switch only work turn on/off the two blocks at the same time. can you help me with it.

migueledge said:
If I assign one controller of my pedalboard, example 7 switch for the two blocks of delay 1 and delay2, the switch only work turn on/off the two blocks at the same time.

Ah, yes, I see. In this case, the Axe-Fx receives whatever "switch 7" means in Midi terms, looks up the internal assignment table and concludes "switch delay 1 on/off, and switch delay 2 on/off".
You have to assign two different controllers to the delay blocks to switch them separately.

But since the number of controllers is limited one has to find a solution. My personal solution is: I dedicate only one controller to delay bypass. It is assigned to Delay 1. Delay 2 has not attached any controller. Now if I have a patch with two delays, I decide which of them is always on and which is to be controlled with foot controllers. I do the same thing with other blocks. For example, any Drive 1 in my patches can be controlled via Midi, any Drive 2 cannot. If I need 2 drives (I didn't yet), Drive 2 would be the one that is always on.

Hope this helps a bit.

Well...

I've been at it for weeks trying to program my non-UnO FCB to stompbox and I cannot get it. I am dumb and need help. I have googled and joined Yahoo user groups and read the manual for this friggin thing until I'm loopy.

I can program presets, but am not clear on programming a switch. I have it in non-direct select mode. I currently have it set up where I've saved presets with effects on & off (so preset 01 has no effects, preset 02 is the same with drive on, 03 with delay & so on).

Maybe it can't be done, but from what I've read here (Jay Mitchell's post) it can. My goal would be to have bank 00 have my presets (I don't have or need that many for live applications) and bank 01 be used only to turn effects on & off. So I would go to bank 00 and step on pedal 01 to select preset 01. Then switch up to bank 01 and have the capability to turn effects on/off.

Can this be done?

If anyone familiar with doing this (if it can be done) could kindly walk me through setting a switch to turn on/off delay so I can see how it's done (from the FCB and the Ultra) I would be very thankful.

Apologies in advance.

Hey Sharkdog, be encouraged...I am 94% sure this can be done...
I was looking over the manual...I am at work right now...but it looks doable to me...
quick question...do you use the editor godprobe linked to a few posts back?
if so I will take a crack at it tonight (if I don't forget...which is quite likely :lol: ) and see if I can get it running and send the sysex file to you...this should be the easiest way.
I am not the greatest at understanding all this stuff...so if I can't do it, that still doesn't mean it can't be done ;)
hopefully someone more learned the I will pop on and solve all your problems with a quick and painless fix before then.
Later man...

I don't use the editor and don't know how, but any way I could do this would be appreciated!

Please let me know & thanks!

OKAY... lets see if this works...
It should get you close...once you get the hang of it...it's easier than it sounds.
at least others will see what you are doing and can probably help correct where I went wrong ;)
...also worth mentioning...this is all kinda untested...It's getting late here and I am beat

Reset the pedal to a default…
This is the one I use… hold down the 1 and 6 pedal while powering up the board.(YOU WILL LOSE ANYTHING YOU HAVE DONE SO FAR)
Once done you need to make sure you have direct select disabled and set up the Midi channel.
To do this power off, then power on holding the “down” button.
When it is up and the green direct select light is on…make sure the red light on the 10 pedal is off.
If not press the 10 to turn it off.
Press up…the midi light flashes…
Press 6 and press up
Assign a midi channel…I used 1
Press up 3 times to get back to midi light
Press 7 press up
Assign it the same midi channel (1)
Press up 2 times
Hold the down pedal until it exits setup

Now in bank 00
Press pedal 5

Now
We will tell it to switch patches on the axefx.
>>*Hold the down button to enter setup
Press up 1 times
If you want your expression pedals active press and hold the 8 and 9 pedals to make them light(NOT FLASHING)…may be lit already…
Make sure button 5(only on bottom row) is lit up if not press 1 time
Press up
Press and hold pedal 1 till it is steady on…may be already…then press 1 time to make flash.
Press up
Input the patch # you want it to call up on the axefx…not sure how high it can go…just for ease sakes keep it under 99…you can resave your patches on the axefx to a lower number if need be.
Anyway for now input #33.
Press up
Press down and hold to exit
Now it should change the patch on the axefx to 33
Now press pedal 4 and go back up to the >>* this time make sure button 4 is the on one lit
Do everything the same only use # 34
This will make the axefx change to 34 when pedal 2 is pressed.
Program all patch changes this way

Now for the stompbox thing.

Press up to bank 01
Press button 1
**Press and hold down to enter setup
Press up
Make sure button 1 is the only one lit
Press up
Make button 6 flash
Press up
Give a controller # (21 will do)
Press up
Give it 00 for value 1
Press up
Give it 127 for value 2
Press up
Dress and hold down to exit setup
Press button 2 and do the same thing** making sure button2 is the only one lit

Then to button 3 and so on…

Now in axefx
Hit the I/O button
Go to ctrl page
Scroll down the the effect you want to control
Hit enter to “learn” press the button on the fcb you want to use and it should show up with the # you assigned to that button.

Only problem is when I get to assigning 127 for value 2 - when I assign 00 for value 1 no problem, but when I hit the up button to go to value 2 it instead goes back to select instead of value 2.

Maybe I missed something?

I can't thank you enough for doing this!

Hmmm...not sure...
the key is really the lights...making sure of which ones are on/off/flashing...
read closely and try again...
It is very possible I have something wrong...
But this worked on my machine at home...however I didn't make a patch and test it...
I know I had bank 00 set to change to different patches on the axefx.
Then in bank 01 I had all the buttons set to controller #s the axe could "learn" in the I/O>CTL utility. from 21 up to 28...thats where I got tired of pushing buttons :lol:
Keep plugging away at it..you'll get!
If I get time I'll look at it again tonight...
Later man

With the RipWerx editor, it can be done in about 90 seconds (if you already know what PCs/CCs you want to send).

Bank 00, set 0-9 to send PCs of whatever you want.
Bank 01, set 0-9 to send CCs ONLY of whatever you want.

Not that hard.

RipWerx looks a little different from this, but, the idea is the same:
ripwerx.jpg

For 00 (bank 0), 0-9 should have P1 (PC) checked & appropriate value. It can have C1 & C2 (CCs) checked as well.
For 01 (bank 1), 0-9 should have C1 or C2 only checked, nothing checked on P1 (PC).

P1 = PC#1
P4 = PC#4
etc
C1 = CC#1
C2 = CC#2
etc

I think with in an hour of tinkering with RipWerx, anyone with some basic problem solving skills can figure out RipWerx.

In the screen shot, it only shows 1-5 because this editor is setup for UnO.

LAYGO said:
With the RipWerx editor, it can be done in about 90 seconds (if you already know what PCs/CCs you want to send).

Well I've looked at getting it but states that using RipWerx on an Intel based iMac (like mine) wont work (application too slow). Also I'd have to get Mandolane in order for my Mac to use it.

I think I'm going to give up and get a GCP.

Muchos gracias to all who helped.

Sharkdog said:
LAYGO said:

Well I've looked at getting it but states that using RipWerx on an Intel based iMac (like mine) wont work (application too slow). Also I'd have to get Mandolane in order for my Mac to use it.

What about about the iFCB editor?

And anybody wanting to use a non-UnO FCB1010 in "stomp-box" mode needs to understand that there will only be one led lit at any time on your stomp-dedicated switches.

Eg.
Say you've got the 01 bank dedicated so that all 10 switches are on/off triggers for your various FX blocks in the Axe.
The FCB *can* turn 10 FX blocks on or off by programming each of the 10 presets in that bank to send out only the appropriate CC on/off commands when each of the 10 footswitches is pressed. But every time you step on one of the FCB's switches only the current FCB preset's LED will be lit.

Say you use switch #1 to turn on and off a Drive block, and you use switch #2 to turn on and off a Delay block.
When you press sw #1 your Drive block will come on and the FCB's sw #1 LED will be lit.
If you now press FCB sw #2; your Drive block will remain on and the delay block will be switched on, but the LED for sw #1 will be off.

Etc.

So, if you don't want to go crazy on stage, wondering which of your FX blocks are actually on or off, get the UnO eprom, or get some other footcontroller.

Sharkdog said:
LAYGO said:

For $12, and about 30mins, you can get stompbox mode a helluva lot simpler with the UnO chip, but if you wanna fork out the money for awhole new pedal that you'll need to learn how to program, go for it.

joegold said:
But every time you step on one of the FCB's switches only the current FCB preset's LED will be lit. Say you use switch #1 to turn on and off a Drive block, and you use switch #2 to turn on and off a Delay block.
When you press sw #1 your Drive block will come on and the FCB's sw #1 LED will be lit.
If you now press FCB sw #2; your Drive block will remain on and the delay block will be switched on, but the LED for sw #1 will be off.
This is correct.

So, if you don't want to go crazy on stage, wondering which of your FX blocks are actually on or off, get the UnO eprom, or get some other footcontroller.
Or, alternatively, learn to identify by sound alone exactly which effects you have turned on. If they're so subtle that you can't tell whether they're on, what are the odds that they're doing any good for what the audience hears? :shock: Might as well just not use 'em....

FWIW, I've used a non-Uno FCB1010 with Bank 00 set entirely for stompbox operation for the past year and a half, and it's never once made me crazy on stage. Which is not to say that I never get crazy on stage. :cool: If there were ever to be any doubt, all I would have to do is recall the same preset, at which point all effects return to their default setting of "bypassed."

It's not nearly as difficult as you make it out to be, at least not for me.

Just another data point....

Well now :)

Jay - I can't even get it to the level of getting it programmed that way. Without a step by step "look just do this" (aside from Guitarded's effort to which I'm most grateful for the effort it just didn't work) it just isn't happening.

I'm coming from a TC G-System and became used to being in a preset and having the ability to switch (stompbox style) effects. These are good points being made - especially the inability to have lights on/off to indicate the effect.

I did download the iFCB and it doesn't crash. Perhaps I'll give the Un0 chip a shot. I've been looking at Voes info on it and it doesn't look too bad.

Again, thanks to all.

Back
Top Bottom