FCB1010

I asked to the axe fx support:

Excuse me for my poor English. I´m a Axe Fx Ultra owner, and i´m trying to connect it to my midi controller (behringer fcb1010) and I want to use it at the same time with software editor. I uses a midi interface emu 0404.

I connect it like:

1)Axe fx midi in/ FCB 1010 out/thru
2)Axe fx midi out/ Emu midi in
3)Emu midi out/ FCB midi in

Emu is my soundcard EMU 0404 with a midi interface, it has a "midi output" and a 2midi out"
What do you think abaut it? what is wrong with it?

Thanks

and they reply me:

You can't use the FCB1010 at the same time as the editor. It will interfere with the sysex commands.

Marty

I don´t understand anything. Can you help me?

migueledge said:
hey Laygo Could be that your midi device has two midi outs? i have only one midi out and one midi in?

What do you think?

I'm only using ONE of the outs!

I´m going crazy!!!!!!

I bought a new FCB 1010 and the UNO Firmware Chip, installed the chip, configured ripworks editor and dumped the voes axe-fx preset onto it

No Problems, Stompbox mode, preset switching works flawlessly and thanks to the great documentation by voes I think I now what Im doing.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUT

The two expression pedals A&B won´t work, they don´t send anything!!!

No Midi In Led flashing neither on my Interface FF400 (when directly connected) nor the AXE-FX Ultra!!!

But I can calibrate them according to voes suggestion, (their they show live)

I can not change values within the FCB in Select Mode with the expression pedal A

What have I done wrong??? :( :( Help

Ok, I now found out that it has something to do with the stompbox mode, if I turn it off the pedals work.

How can I use both?

11&2 said:
Ok, I now found out that it has something to do with the stompbox mode, if I turn it off the pedals work.

How can I use both?

Are you certain that you did the UNO initialization procedure? I would also suggest that you use the RipWorx editor, and dump your current FCB1010 setup into it. Check the settings in the editor to view all parameters - I had some strange problems crop up that I couldn't see any cause for until I did this. Each patch location on the FCB can have one or both exp pedal enabled.

Now the pedals work BUUUUUT

I cant use the (Axe) editor anymore

The FCB1010 doesnt forward the Midi Messages to the Axe. (everytime I click in the Axe Editor the FCB LCD flashes thats how I know thats the problem)

What do I need to configure now?

Please Help

Hi,
Sorry if this have been discussed before but i didn't find it...

I just got a UnO FCB1010 ; on the UnO manual, i read that :

9. TAPTEMPO
When clicking the same footswitch several times, on every second click, a CC1
message is sent, with a value proportional to the time elapsed between the last 2 clicks.
Details about the way this value is calculated can be found in the official FCB1010
User’s manual. For this calculation, apart from the elapsed time, also the programmed
CC1 value and NoteOn value are used.

I'm using the stomboxes mode and this tap tempo function doesn't seem to work...Did i miss something ?

Thanks for help.

This is probably the most noobish question but I know I need a cable going from midi out of fcb to midi in of axe fx but do i need the midi in of the fcb to the midi out of the axe fx? is the fcb actually recieving anything from the axe fx?

also whats the cable configuration for using the editor and the fcb at the same time? (how do u hook it up for that)

whirlwind123 said:
This is probably the most noobish question but I know I need a cable going from midi out of fcb to midi in of axe fx but do i need the midi in of the fcb to the midi out of the axe fx? is the fcb actually recieving anything from the axe fx?

you only need midi-out fcb1010 -> midi-in axe-fx.
fcb can't read anything of the axe-fx

cheers voes :) good news since i can only find 3 midi cables!

I know how to turn on midi merge but how do you connect it up so that both the pedal board and the computer interface is hooked up to axe fx. I am guessing some sort of use of 'midi thru'?

whirlwind123 said:
also whats the cable configuration for using the editor and the fcb at the same time? (how do u hook it up for that)

I have a post on the forum, & possibly linked to from this thread about how I have it successfully working. Only limitations I've seen thus far are getting a dump from the FCB & updating the firmware.

migueledge said:
I read that fcb1010 has a midi merge funtion, how can i activate it with chip uno?

http://www.behringerdownload.de/FCB1010 ... _Rev_F.pdf

in page 8 of the manual

Use the Ripwerx Editor to activte the Merge
Untitled-1.jpg

I use a 1x1 midisport interface...run from midisport out to fcb in, from fcb out to axe in, from axe out to midisport in...
I can operate the axe with the fcb and use the axe-editor at the same time.
I haven't tried using the fcb editor yet.

Back
Top Bottom