FCB1010

Doc said:
rdomain said:
A question regarding Uno and stompbox mode.

In Stompbox mode, is it possible to have different stompbox pedals/fx settings for each patch or do the stompboxes have to be the same fx/settings all the time?

Cheers.

They can be totally different from patch to patch.

Awesome!

stompboxes will always send the same CC's
you can set the state of the CC's (on/off) for each patch
rdomain said:

In Stompbox mode, is it possible to have different stompbox pedals/fx settings for each patch or do the stompboxes have to be the same fx/settings all the time?

Cheers.

stompboxes will always send the same CC's
you can set the state of the CC's (on/off) for each patch.

So you can just assign the particular cc number (assigned to the stompbox) to the fx block/parameter that you want to control in each patch?

rdomain said:
So you can just assign the particular cc number (assigned to the stompbox) to the fx block/parameter that you want to control in each patch?

let me explain again with an example
FCB1010
stompbox 6: drive on/off cc6
stompbox 7: delay on/off cc7
stompbox 8: reverb on/off cc8
stompbox 9: modulation on/off cc9
stombox 10: tap delay cc10
for each patch in the fcb1010 you can store the on/off setting of each stompbox, these will override the on/off settings in the axe-fx.

Axe-Fx
in the I/O menu - tab CTRL you connect the different fx to CC's
drive1 cc6
delay1 cc7
reverb1 cc8
phaser1 cc9
chorus1 cc9
flanger1 cc9
tap cc10
these settings are global, thus for all the presets in the axe-fx

hope this make sense.

hehe... yes I think so.

So the cc's aren't adjustable on the stompboxes? eg. they're always 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 in every fcb1010 patch. It'd be nice if they could be different in each patch. Not just the on/off settings.

And for the AxeFX, the cc assignments are global therefore drive on/off will always be cc6.

Correct?

rdomain said:
hehe... yes I think so.

So the cc's aren't adjustable on the stompboxes? eg. they're always 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 in every fcb1010 patch. It'd be nice if they could be different in each patch. Not just the on/off settings.

And for the AxeFX, the cc assignments are global therefore drive on/off will always be cc6.

Correct?

yes for the fcb1010
yes/no for the axe-fx
you can also connect a external controller to the bypass state of an fx-block.

Gotcha. Thanks for your help. It's a pity the Fractal cc settings are universal. It'd be great if they were programmable on a patch by patch basis. Could be worthy of the wishlist.

Hey, I have some questions for the experts:

1) What type of eprom 32 or 64 bytes (27c256 or 27c512) differences.

2) I´m interesting in use the stomp mode function with this:

compressor1
Drive 1
Drive 2
Delay 1
Delay 2
Mod1
Wah
Reverb1
Volumen

There are 9 stomp, you are talking abaut 6, its possible or there are some limitation.
Its possible to switch on/off 2 or 3 effects at the same time only press a switch.

I´m reading abut it but i don´t understand all.

Thanks.

migueledge said:
Hey, I have some questions for the experts:

1) What type of eprom 32 or 64 bytes (27c256 or 27c512) differences.

2) I´m interesting in use the stomp mode function with this:

compressor1
Drive 1
Drive 2
Delay 1
Delay 2
Mod1
Wah
Reverb1
Volumen

There are 9 stomp, you are talking abaut 6, its possible or there are some limitation.
Its possible to switch on/off 2 or 3 effects at the same time only press a switch.

I´m reading abut it but i don´t understand all.

Thanks.

1. both eproms will do and have the same information on it. difference is only for those who want to burn the UnO eprom theirselves.

2. technically you could have 10 stompboxes, but only the upper 5 (standard) will give you the on/off state with their leds.
so practically you only have 5 CC's . the lower 5 PC can also send 1 CC at the same time.

you can send 2 CC's on each switch, but I wouldn't do that. just send 1 CC (for example CC6 on switch 6) and then in the axe-fx set the effects you want to control at the same time (for example drive and delay) to the same cc (6)

hope this makes sense. :cool:

Doc said:
rdomain said:

Cheers.

Well, that's more up to the gear that is controlled by the FCB.
The stompbox buttons on the FCB are global, which means they've always their same CC numbers and values.
That means: to have them turn FX on/off - different ones - they've to be assigned in the patch ('external x' on modifiers). (opposed to the global assigning
under 'I/O' -> Ctrl)

Seb

Sebastian said:
Doc said:
rdomain said:

Cheers.

Well, that's more up to the gear that is controlled by the FCB.
The stompbox buttons on the FCB are global, which means they've always their same CC numbers and values.
That means: to have them turn FX on/off - different ones - they've to be assigned in the patch ('external x' on modifiers). (opposed to the global assigning
under 'I/O' -> Ctrl)

Seb

Yes, you´re right of course. :)

so if i've read correctly, you can't use this controller as the stomp boxes/program changes etc without the uno eprom. where can i get one of these already made? (the rom i mean). i'm interested.

I can't seem to find it, but wasn't there a thread about how to do the phantom power with a Rocktron midi cable with a 5 pin & power dongle to 7 pin end?

It was on the old forum wasn't it? Anyone remember? PLEASE?! I've searched the yahoo group too, no luck.

This thread from the old forum, FOUND IT!

redbaron_ict said:
I got some good advice on the FCB1010 users group:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/fcb1010/

Got to the files area and then Hardware Mods.

I grabbed a 10 volt power supply and Rocktron's 5 to 7 Pin Midi cable with power insert:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=331270

How I route it is:
the power supply plugs into the power insert on the Axe-FX

the 7-pin end goes to the Axe-FX' MIDI input

the 5-pin end goes into the FCB1010's MIDI output

the power breakout on the MIDI cable goes to a DC power input that I added to the FCB1010

internally I wired the + and ground of the DV input jack to the leads where the internal power transformer connects

Note: I could have just used a 7-pin to 7-pin MIDI cable , but I would have had to replace the 5-pin midi input on the FCB1010.

This is what I was looking for! I bought a Rocktron 7-to-5 pin midi cable w/power breakout. Just need to locate the DC input or the RDMH900 Yin and DC input Yang. (The cable is on backorder from SamAsh at a pretty decent price too w/the free shipping $18)

Hello,
Yes you can. You will need the Uno chip for the FCB if you want to be able to use "stompbox mode", which means the ability to set on/off effects in your AXE FX preset.
You can use at the same time on your computer the AXE FX editor, to edit your presets, and the RIPWERKS editor for the FCB. The trick is that for the stompbox mode, the CC values need to be 0 and 127 to switch effects on and off, and not 0 and 1. Took me 3 weeks to figure this out. And you need a midi configuration which allows to send from the computer to/from the FCB and to/from AXE, and from the FCB to the AXE.
Good luck
Philippe

Thanks at all, but i can´t use all at the same time, there are some worng with my setup.

I have the chip uno and i use the software of voes abaut fcb1010 and axe-fx to program the floorboard.
I connect all like this:

1)Axe fx midi in/ FCB 1010 out/thru
2)Axe fx midi out/ Emu midi in
3)Emu midi out/ FCB midi in

Emu is my soundcard EMU 0404 with a midi interface, it has a "midi output" and a 2midi out"
What do you think abaut it?

Back
Top Bottom