FCB1010 w/UnO freezing - Attn Ossandust

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
A while back I had this problem where I had accidentally stumbled upon the foot-switch combination that calls up the note transpose feature of the FCB/UnO and was freaking out because I didn't know how to exit from that feature. With the help of the folks here and at the Yahoo FCB1010 forums that problem was solved.

Well, I seem to have stumbled onto some other type of problem with the FCB/UnO. But as of yet I seem to be unable to reproduce it at will.

What happens is that, sometimes (and far too often), hitting one of my stomp switches, perhaps while also brushing up against one of the other foot-switches, will cause the FCB to freeze.
(Note: I have the upper row of 5 switches dedicated to Stomp-Box mode.)
There will be a single digit number in the display, usually an 8 (but I may have seen other numbers as well), and all of the other foot-switches become non-operational (including the up/down switches), even if held down for several seconds.
The only way to get back to normal seems to be to disconnect the power and re-start the FCB.

[Note: I have the phantom power over MIDI cable mod installed in this unit which seems to be working fine.]

Does this type of behaviour have a known cause?
If so, then what is the cause, what does the "8" symbolize, and how can I get it to stop doing this?

I have a gig on Wednesday I need for this pedal to work properly.

wow Joe - this makes it a triple posting. I got your attention on all three forums ! :)

EDIT : I guess that should have been : you got my attention on all three forums - hehe

Back
Top Bottom