FCB1010 uno - external pedals

JJunkie

Power User
Hi, quick question that has been bugging me for 2 years:
I dont have a clue how I can get my external footwitches to work when pluggged in the 2 external jacks of the FCBuno. Do they get assigned with CC values somehow? is there a guide to set that up?

I dont like plugging the footswitches into the axe-fx's pedal jacks directly, as when I rload a preset, the effect block bypass returns to default value (on or off), but the bloody footwitch is still on whatever state it was in last time I pressed it. For example, what this means is~~ I could change presets, and the drive block is bypassed by default, but the state of the footwich might be "engaged" so to turn the drive block on, I would need to tap my footwitch twice - first to "disengage" (has no effect) and second to "engage". I can never remember what state the footwitch is in.

Thanks!

The FCB jacks aren't for connecting switches, they're for letting the FCB itself perform switching. So you could run a cable to something like an amp's channel switch jack and have the FCB select clean or drive with each preset. There isn't a way to avoid what you described with the Axe pedal jacks, so all you can really do is try to keep those functions on a controller's IA switches. Then use the Axe pedal jack for things that would be switched on and off again before the next preset.

Back
Top Bottom