Matty Pasta NYC

hey, I'm hoping I can solve this problem before I leave for tour on Wednesday..
in a nutshell, I just got an ultra and an FCB1010.. had both working on a basic level with preset change and assigning the expression pedals.. after that I ordered the UNO chip mainly for the stompbox mode, received it, installed it.. went for the ripwerx software on my Mac, can't get it to connect.. so I go for the new software by the makers of the Un0 and.. looks great.. it links up to my fcb.. I can assign stuff preset by preset, but now when I connect it to the Fractal, it doesn't change presets or bypass any effects.. the tempo light matches the little dot on the fcb Tho.. but that's it.. so in a crunch for time, I put the original chip bak in the controller to at least have channel switching for the tour and it worked at home, brought it to rehearsal and it didn't control anything on the Axe Fx.. I spend hours on forums and youtube with people's tips and set up examples and I don't know.. it's gotta be something simple I am not doing.. anybody? HELP!!!
hahaha.. I really am about to not bring this set up with me and just use the bullshit roll of the dice Backline gear I was originally supplied with

I used a stock fcb with an ultra and still do. I have never had any trouble programing it with the pedals once I figured out the flow. If you did not change any thing from home to rehearsal, I would wonder if you had the midi cable plugged in incorrectly, or possibly the cable is bad. I have mine set up so that oo bank is presets and 01 bank is stomp. never really needed more then 10 presets and 10 stomps with the ultra.

I used a stock fcb with an ultra and still do. I have never had any trouble programing it with the pedals once I figured out the flow. If you did not change any thing from home to rehearsal, I would wonder if you had the midi cable plugged in incorrectly, or possibly the cable is bad. I have mine set up so that oo bank is presets and 01 bank is stomp. never really needed more then 10 presets and 10 stomps with the ultra.
hey, thanks for the reply.. so, do you use the stock fcb in a stomp mode with the ultra?? that would excellent. I'll have to try the rig again when I get home and HOPEFULLY it isn't something like the midi cable. that would be foolish on me. but if you set up yours with the stock fcb and you have stomps working.. PLEASE help me out on this.

The stock fcb does not have a stomp box mode, but it is not hard to set up it just takes some time and planning(and switch pressing). you can set up 10 banks of stomp box if you want, the fcb in stock form is pretty power full for what it costs. I currently have 3 of them. I have not made any changes to it in a long time but if you need help you can pm me and I will spend a little time trying to remember exactly how it was set up. Once I got it the way I wanted it I only edited the presets in the ultra and have not altered the fcb.

Back
Top Bottom