FCB1010 tap tempo issue

Chuk

Inspired
I'm trying to setup tap tempo to work on my FCB uno.
When i tap the tempo by repressing the relevant patch button on the FCB, the patch reverts to it's default state.
That is to say, the state in which it was stored so, any stomps that have been turned on AFTER the preset is loaded then turn off again.
I DO have 'block repetitive PC messages' selected in Ripwerx.
So if i load the patch THEN select delay 'on' & hit the patch select button again for new tempo, the delay turns off.
I know about setting the default state for the stomps via Ripwerx. I simply don't want the delay 'on' by default.

Is there a way to make the FCB not reload the patch each time i repress the patch select button?

Thanks Jay, unfortunately 'ignore redundant PC' is already set to 'on'.
I think the problem resides in the FCB side of things.
The AxeFx midi-in light blinks when i hit that second time on the FCB patch select button.
I suppose this indicates that the FCB is sending some kind of midi info
even though it probably shouldn't considering it's set to 'block repetitive PC messages'.

I have no problems with redundant PC sends. It doesn't change the state for me.

Check that you don't have more than one PC setup on the particular patch.

What or how are you using the edit the FCB?

I'm not sure i understand what you mean about multiple PCs on one patch.

I use Ripwerx to edit the FCB.

Chuk said:
I'm not sure i understand what you mean about multiple PCs on one patch.

I use Ripwerx to edit the FCB.

PC2-5 can send PCs as well to the same device. Make sure they don't have anything (if you've got stompbox mode enabled, then 2, 3, and 5).

Here's a snapshot of the Ripwerx setup.

ripwerxsnap.jpg

The patch banks are identical all the rest of the way down except for the PRG CHG column ofcourse.
Do you see anything odd here?

ripwerxsnap2.jpg

Chuk said:
I'm trying to setup tap tempo to work on my FCB uno.
When i tap the tempo by repressing the relevant patch button on the FCB, the patch reverts to it's default state.
That is to say, the state in which it was stored so, any stomps that have been turned on AFTER the preset is loaded then turn off again.
I DO have 'block repetitive PC messages' selected in Ripwerx.

Hi Chuk,
the "PC" in "block repetitive PC messages" stands for "ProgramChange". So the ProgramChange message gets blocked, but not the ControlChange messages which turn your effects on or off. Actually that was the original aim of this setting: allow someone to click a preset button a second time in order to get all stomps in their initial state again, without resending the patch select message. So this setting won't help you in your TapTempo scenario. I guess you will need to define a dedicated TapTempo switch which doesn't send any other messages.

Rgds,
Xavier

Thanks Xavier. That clears up the concept behind the 'block repetitive PC messages' for me.
Unfortunately, due to the limited number of IAs on the FCB i'll have to go without a dedicated switch for tap tempo.
As it is one of my stomp switches doesn't work anymore so i'm quite limited.
Now, where is that pesky MFC101?

thanks also to LAYGO and Jay.

Bottom line is, I think it's because you're using the stompbox initial state checkboxes far right. If you set those to NC (no change), you won't toggle the effects. So it's really a juggling act . . . pick your poison kinda thing.

If you don't use all your banks, a "blank bank" could work. Remove the P1 settings & just set C1/C2 to things you need.

I've been meaning to do another "blank bank" CC to do some config:
- turn on tuner
- setup vol +/-
- and something else I'm forgetting

I already have a 'blank bank' for my looper controls:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5857

I think I'm gonna make .08 my config row, 00 my looper, then 01-09 would be my presets. I just haven't gotten off my butt to do it.

Back
Top Bottom