FCB1010 Re-house project

This is the wiring. I unplugged the relay switch board, and cut the leads to the expression pedals. I also removed the lead to the expression pedal LED's, for my purposes they are always on in every patch. The leads from the power supply go to pins 1 & 3 of the MIDI out connector, just like the available phantom power mods except they were mistakenly called pins 1 & 5 - it is the two outside pins. So, the main PCB and the MIDI I/O board are all that is needed from the FCB.

There are two large PCB's that house the upper and lower row switches and LED's. These each plug into the main board with a 14 pin multi-connect. Pin 1 is the red lead. Momentary switches don't have positive/negative, but the switches have diodes feeding their outputs. The diodes are available from radio shack, 4148, and look the same as the factory ones. They have a black band at one end, this end solders to the switch. The other end of the diode is what I label as +, while "-" is a common feed to all switches. Note that "SW6" in the top row is bank up, "SW6" in the bottom row is bank down.

Bottom row

1 - SW1-2-3 LED +
2 - SW4-5 LED +
3 - SW5 LED -
4 - SW4 LED -
5 - SW3 LED -
6 - SW2 LED -
7 - SW1 LED -
8 - SW1 +
9 - SW2 +
10 - SW3 +
11 - SW4 +
12 - SW5 +
13 - SW6 +
14 - SW 1-2-3-4-6 -

TOP row

1 - SW1THRU 5 LED +
2 - SW5 LED -
3 - SW4 LED -
4 - SW3 LED -
5 - SW2 LED -
6 - SW1 LED -
7 - SW1 +
8 - SW2 +
9 - SW3 +
10 - SW4 +
11 - SW5 +
12 - SW6 +
13 - SW 1-2-3-4-6 -
14 NA

Expression Pedal - these 3 leads are attached to connectors on the main board. The red lead being pin 1, it goes to "tip" on the jack. Pin 2 goes to "Ring" and Pin 3 goes to "Sleeve." I think this is correct, I will verify next time I open it up. The second exp jack I wired for a switch instead of a pot, it's different and require a 100k resistor in line. But it works perfectly, value toggles between "0" and "127".
Just doing my own re-housing, minor errata in the above:
Bottom row, 14 - SW 1-2-3-4-*5-*6-
TOP row, 13-SW 1-2-3-4-*5-*6-

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom