FCB1010 question (noob here)

D20

Power User
I just sent a sysex message to my 1010. I have it set so that PGR CH 0-1 is my patch 74 on my Axe Fx.

Bome's shows everything was sent successfully, but i still see 00 on the display. Should it say 74 there when i press 1?

Also, (remember i am a noob) if i just hook this up to my Axe Fx (which i haven't done yet) to test it....do i run the risk of messing any of my patches up or anything?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!! :D

D20 said:
Bome's shows everything was sent successfully, but i still see 00 on the display. Should it say 74 there when i press 1?
No, the 00 there is the FCB's patch #. The FCB can be on its own current patch while the Axe-Fx also has its own current patch. From what I remember, the only press-for-character-LED-change-to-show-status things on the FCB aside from patches and config (it's been a while though) are note transposition and, with UnO firmware, the expression pedal positions.

D20 said:
Also, (remember i am a noob) if i just hook this up to my Axe Fx (which i haven't done yet) to test it....do i run the risk of messing any of my patches up or anything?
doubtful -- you'd have to be trying really hard to screw things up on purpose and, being a self-described "noob", I'm going to say that right now, you actually can't try that hard ;) -- with one caveat: re-saving an Axe-Fx patch might overwrite its old settings if you changed the settings via the FCB (toggled an effect on/off, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom