FCB1010 Phantom Power

No it wouldn't work. The FCB1010 doesn't use an adapter, but a kettle lead type connector. It can't get power through the midi cable.

Of course, that'll be my next project. :p

OK. A bit more of an answer...

In short I think, follow the steps in the document to bypass the power input and built in transformer.

Also add a connector into the Behringer, to recieve the power adapter of the cable mentioned in the link you posted.
5 pin midi and power connector of lead then plug into the Behringer,
7 pin midi into Axe FX.
Adapter in rack plugged into the phantom power of the Axe FX to take the power from the adapter which then passes through to the 7 pin midi.

If you get it working it may be worth updating the thread with the details, but theoretically it should work.

Please also check the current draw specifications for the Behringer don't exceed the maximum load and the adapter to the phantom power jack doesn't exceed 1A, or you will damage the Axe FX. See page 11, point 23 of manual (v6.00c) Normal Caveats such as blowing equipment up etc apply. Entirely at your risk.

OK. A bit more of an answer...

In short I think, follow the steps in the document to bypass the power input and built in transformer.

Also add a connector into the Behringer, to recieve the power adapter of the cable mentioned in the link you posted.
5 pin midi and power connector of lead then plug into the Behringer,
7 pin midi into Axe FX.
Adapter in rack plugged into the phantom power of the Axe FX to take the power from the adapter which then passes through to the 7 pin midi.

If you get it working it may be worth updating the thread with the details, but theoretically it should work.

Please also check the current draw specifications for the Behringer don't exceed the maximum load and the adapter to the phantom power jack doesn't exceed 1A, or you will damage the Axe FX. See page 11, point 23 of manual (v6.00c) Normal Caveats such as blowing equipment up etc apply. Entirely at your risk.

Are you saying I'll need that cable linked above with the little extra power cable attached to both ends? I also read somewhere else that it's possible to wire the 5pin cable to transfer power if soldered differently.

Back
Top Bottom