FCB1010 Pedal Calibration?

I will do that but I wanted to clarify a comment I made. When I said:

"Yes I can confirm that the value knobs on the TC G Force yield the same results as the two Expression pedals."

I was NOT using the INPUT/OUTPUT Dials on the left side of the G Force. I WAS using the Parameter and Value knobs on the right side of the unit WHILE in MOD/DIALS.

When I use the INPUT/OUTPUT Dials on the left side of the G Force there are not any dead spots. Everything sounds fine. I only hear the dead spots when I use the pedal itself OR when I simulate pedal movements Parameter and Value knobs on the right side of the unit WHILE in MOD/DIALS.

So given this, does this rule out the issue being with the G Force?

Thanks

So given this, does this rule out the issue being with the G Force?

Thanks

No, that indicates it's either the G-Force or (unless you've ruled this out) something after it in your signal chain like a noise gate muting quieter signals. The mod/dials control mode can't determine/indicate anything about possible dead zones in a connected pedal.

Without knowing which G-Force firmware you have & what bugs were fixed in each update, I'd assume for now that the volume curve you're adjusting was badly programmed, and try increasing the start value and/or the whammy test.

The firmware for the G Force I am using is 2.04. I think this was the last version as per this G Force link:
G-Force software versions

When I link my expression pedals to a pitch shifter I notice that the pedal does seem to work at all levels 0% to 100%. This is a good sign.

However when I link it to an INPUT it does not seem as sensitive and I hear dead zones.

One of the things that may be throwing me off in my testing is that there appears to be a residual signal coming through my amp when the Expression pedal is fully closed or I manually turn the INPUT on the G Force (Dial on the left) to 0. My amp is a Mesa Boogie Mark V and the G Force is set up via its effects loop. Why would there still be sound coming through the amp when the INPUT on the G Force is set to 0? It is minimal but it is still there.

Thanks

The firmware for the G Force I am using is 2.04. I think this was the last version as per this G Force link:
G-Force software versions

When I link my expression pedals to a pitch shifter I notice that the pedal does seem to work at all levels 0% to 100%. This is a good sign.

However when I link it to an INPUT it does not seem as sensitive and I hear dead zones.

One of the things that may be throwing me off in my testing is that there appears to be a residual signal coming through my amp when the Expression pedal is fully closed or I manually turn the INPUT on the G Force (Dial on the left) to 0. My amp is a Mesa Boogie Mark V and the G Force is set up via its effects loop. Why would there still be sound coming through the amp when the INPUT on the G Force is set to 0? It is minimal but it is still there.

Thanks

Since I sold my G Force, I don't know as I'll be much help at this point. You may have some luck with the TC Electronic G Force/G Major Yahoo Group for stuff like this. Hope you get this to work.

Had an issue like this a few years ago but don't remember if it was just an opto cleaning issue or just a total cleaning issue.
Cheers

The pitch test indicates the pedal is working normally. When you were controlling input level, was that noise gate input level? I'm wondering if the detector might be after input level adjustment & causing what you encountered. Check how input level of another block responds.

Thanks

That's probably due to something in the amp design--you could unplug the cable from the G-Force input to verify this. Here's a thread mentioning signal bleed w/ Mark V: The Boogie Board • View topic - Mark V FX Loop Question

Taking the Mesa (or at least its preamp) out of the signal path would be a good idea for further testing of G-Force level control.

Sorry to necro-bump this old thread but anyone having calibration issues with the FCB1010 ought to check this out:

I had the same issue as others in this thread and thought it was more of a hardware issue than a software issue. At least for my fix, I was right.
If you run into this you'll need to disassemble your FCB1010 and then remove the expression pedal sensor:

http://imageshack.com/a/img580/3285/aqfc.jpg

Once you do that, for reference, this is how bent mine was:

http://imageshack.com/a/img829/2932/0k47.jpg

Don't ask me how they got that far out of alignment, I have no idea - and yes, both were more or less like that.

Here's a pic of how they look when aligned better:

http://imageshack.com/a/img842/201/7cxw.jpg

And another:

http://imageshack.com/a/img853/1496/8ri0.jpg

I then went through the calibration process again and I now have full range values recognized. How long it'll actually stay that way
remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom