fcb1010 +midisport/midi feedback+ripwerx Q's

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
slap my hand:roll; I'm sure this is buried somewhere under hundreds of pages..i've been looking and will have a seizure if I scour any more pages.

I have two basic questions. First my setup is using the fcb1010 w/uno chip. Using 3 cable method via my presonus firepod (has a midi in/out). My Ultra is able to receive changes sent from my FCB1010, but not reflected on Axe Edit when running at the same time. Also, I'm able to make changes on Axe Edit and save them to the Ultra, conversely not reflected on the FCB1010.

first question: Will I gain an advantage by getting a midisport 2X2 (with midimerge) using a 4 cable method to have the 3 pieces (Ultra, Mac/PC, FCB1010) communicate with eachother? meaning if I send a change from the FCB1010 to the Ultra...will it also reflect the change on Axe Edit? if this is possible with this setup..it would be worth it to buy the midisport 2X2.

second question: similar and related to 'midi feedback' if I'm using the term correctly, by using Ripwerx can i get the FCB1010 to reflect the effects states? meaning the LED's to show the effects are on/off? My preset on the Ultra will have certain effects blocks 'on' but no corresponding LED shows on the FCB. I hope I am getting my question across clearly here. I think this is a midi feedback thing...similar to the MFC-101 when the midicontroller shows you the states of your effects via the LED's. changes on either the Ultra or the midicontroller can be visibly seen with the LED's.

not to add to this topic as the two questions above are my main concerns....but ripwerx really sucks on my Mac so I need to either buy Parallels software for running PC or use bootcamp to run in PC mode...either way is a pain in the A$$ just to program the FCB! but still cheaper than dropping a bunch of coin on the MFC 101 right now.

Need some help here bro's :) thx

when i had the uno and 3 cables i never had all 3 [axe fx, axe edit, fcb] change state together.
fcb would change axe fx but not axe edit.
axe edit would change axe fx but not fcb.

not sure if i have Q2 grasped. i used fcb editor with a stomp.syx to program my fcb [ top 5 fcb pedals were stomps] which worked great. should be able to do the same with ripwerx.

I am wondering if i got a midisport 2x2 and used a 4 cable method (instead of 3, as I am using now) would I gain any advantage; e.g. the axe fx, axe edit, fcb would all change states together...

to clarify, I know with ripwerx you can assign the 5 buttons as stompbox mode (which i did) and program each preset to say which effect(s) are on/off. but as I cycle through my presets via the FCB the LED's will not change to show the effects state of the new preset...just remains whatever I had just pressed from previous preset (on the stompbox row)...I don't know if this is one of those limitations of the fcb or if there is something simple I am not aware of. hope this is more clear.

i 'think' when you change preset the stomp boxes are in a state of limbo, needing to be turned off or pressed twice, turned on.
i have the eureka chip installed now and in stomp mode, all the buttons flash...until i turn em on/off.

does this eureka chip allow bidirectional communication to reflect the effects states on/off with the LED's?

bump...anyone? (not in reference to the Eureka, but more with the Uno chip bi-directional question above)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom