FCB1010 Labels

hole

Inspired
Hi,

I've been reading about the custom labels for the MFC, and wondered if there were any such labels for the mighty FCB1010. I found that Shasha had some labels for the FCB, so I took those and tried to make 'm with a bit of colour.

I've made a mockup and I think they might work well. I'm not blessed with any kind of Photoshop skill, so these are crude, but for me, they would work. The design I saw in a user created MFC label thingie, I think it was DADA.

I still need a graphic for delay, boost, and tremolo/rotary ...any suggestion would be welcome.

Here is the mockup..needs more work.

Attachments

• labels.gif
    labels.gif
    15 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Looks good to me!

There are icons for the effects blocks used in AxeEdit floating around on this forum somewhere. Perhaps that could help.

Ah..I will look for them.

A question about your labels. When I print them, they are slightly (probably 1mm) too small all the way round. Is this intentional, or could that be a printer/page setting on my side?

looking good! :)

i made some with just plain text, the LED shines thru the paper fine :) but i would prefer some gfx as yours.

alas i cant help with any graphics for the other effects, but heres hoping others can.

Hi,

The design I saw in a user created MFC label thingie, I think it was DADA.

This honor should go to Griffin! I only used his template and a few graphic designs.

But Hole buy that MFC-101. I switched from my Stealthboard GAS to MFC-101 because the Italians keep postponing the damn thing. But seriously, this MFC-101 is amazing altough there are some stupid shortcommings.

Greetings :mrgreen

Weird, just recognized you from your gear, not your name . (HOI!! lang niet gezien ;) )

Yeah well I might get the MFC..but I'd need the ' colorblind option' , and that means more euros... :D ...I'm really happy still with the FCB though. I just added 2 extra IA's (just like Shasha's mod), and I really dont need more

Perhaps if I saw an MFC live (meeting anyone???) I'd be ' pulled over the line' :D

Weird, just recognized you from your gear, not your name . (HOI!! lang niet gezien ;) )

Yeah well I might get the MFC..but I'd need the ' colorblind option' , and that means more euros... :D ...I'm really happy still with the FCB though. I just added 2 extra IA's (just like Shasha's mod), and I really dont need more

Perhaps if I saw an MFC live (meeting anyone???) I'd be ' pulled over the line' :D

Yep, (ik was er uitgedonderd omdat ik te kritisch was over hun gedrag)

The color blind mod can also be solved with some thin colored tape or some paint. Others are blinded, like Yek, and put tape over it. But because he is a small guy I can understand ;-) On different possibilities your pedals are even better I think. Organizing a meeting for some pedals is a bit over the top I think.

Groetjes

I have some modest Photoshop skills, so if I can get a size-accurate template of the sticker labels on the FCB (which I have and use), I could probably help out with this

@DADA

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here. I'm referring to to the LED's being replaced with some other bicolour leds (red/green...not good for me....)

@Rhequiem

That would be GREAT! My biggest problem is getting the size of the thing correct, can't seem to do it (those rounded corners are a b$#%h)...Haven't even attempted getting the hole for the LED yet.. I think this needn't bee too big, just enough to have some light come through.
Do you need any measurements from me?

@DADA

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here. I'm referring to to the LED's being replaced with some other bicolour leds (red/green...not good for me....)

I meant changing 1 colour in your working spectrum witch some paint or tape. The leds are bright enough for that.
View attachment 4168

I have no clue what type of LED's are used. Bicolor, are those actually 2 seperate lights in one , or...? ..But yeah, if that 'd work, that'd be better than paying for replacements LEDs, which is rather expensive (or rather: it costs a lot, being labour intensive)

Bicolor LEDs look like a regular LED but have 3 leads. If it's a common cathode LED there will be one cathode and two anodes to connect. A common anode LED will be just the opposite.

5mm_Bi_color_REDGreen_color_or_REDBlue.jpg

@ hole

I have an FCB1010, so I think I can do some measurements. I wonder if a template can be found online, however. I, like you, am not a precision measurer, so I always feel better working from a template. I'll toss this around in my head and see if any inspiration takes hold ;) I've already been thinking of designs for the labels, though!

@rhequiem

any updates? as for template size, i used paint.net [absolute beginner] and was just trial and error to get the b*****ds printed at scale.

@ hole

text on your labels are much easier to read than mine. maybe a rectangle label with vertical text is the only way to go? :(

Hi guys,

apologies for being a little quiet lately, but we've been busy getting ready for the launch of a bunch of new products and a redesign of the website (which is now done), and one of the products we are going to launch with is KickTags (labels) for the FCB1010.

Our plan is to have these in our online store and released for sale by the end of the weekend.

If you have a second, check out our website and have a look at the video, which briefly shows the labels for the FCB1010.

In terms of style, the regular 2-part KickTags will work in exactly the same way as our MFC KickTags (magnetic and 2-part) and you'll have the same options... HOWEVER.... we're also launching 'Mini-Tags' for the FCB that will sit in the little shaped area above each switch (where the LED is), with a perfectly cut out hole for the LED. This will be a single-part label (that you can custom order the text for), but will have graphics options on it similar to the full-sized labels. This will still be made of the same material as the KickTags, but as that part of the board is NOT metal, you won't be able to stick it there magnetically.

We've been experimenting with this though and have found that using a double sided tape on the magnetic backing works perfectly. It allows you to stick and reposition the labels, yet won't damage the product if you try to remove the tape due to the smooth magnetic backing on them.

We've found some tape that works GREAT and is easy to use. Not sure if we're going to supply this, as its easy enough to get large quantities of it from anywhere.

Full details coming over the weekend, but if you get a chance, mosey on over to www.pedalboardlabels.com and check out the video, or have a peek on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJRHndx6ujs&feature=youtu.be

Cheers!
Sukh

Last edited:
we're also launching 'Mini-Tags' for the FCB that will sit in the little shaped area above each switch (where the LED is), with a perfectly cut out hole for the LED.

YES, finally!!

Thanks!!

@jimbop I think that your design might benefit from a higher resolution/dpi, as they seem somewhat blurry, but I think they'd work fine.. The trick is just using contrasting backgroundcolor/fontcolor. For me (being colorblind) black/white was the best choice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom