FCB1010 - keeping programmed effects on when changing patches?

laxu

Fractal Fanatic
I've got my FCB with Uno chip working perfectly otherwise, but whenever I switch patches all the effects get turned off.

How do I set it so that changing patches doesn't turn off the effects that were turned on in Axe-Fx when I saved the patch? Also is there any way to make it also have the on states reflected on the stompbox mode switches? So if drive is on in patch #1 the light goes on, off in #2 it goes off?

I cant turn off effects once I turn them on? How did you set up your fcb, with the voes patch or on your own?

I used the voes patch. I think the only change I did was turn MIDI merge on so I can use Axe-Edit without changing cables. All fx turn off when I switch patches.

First get "Ed Dixon's" editor.
Second, set the "stompboxes" to "NC" (no change) this will leave them where they are after patch changes.
Also, read the Uno manual, there is something in the global settings I think "dont reset the stomps on patch change..."
Something along those lines.
Mine works perfectly.

"I cant turn off effects once I turn them on? How did you set up your fcb, with the voes patch or on your own?"
Again, get Ed Dixon's editor, for the stomps, you set the CC send number for the effect with the first value at 127 then the second value (alt) at 1
This turns the effect on with first press (127), then off with second press (1) the switching happens with CC values over and under 50
Hope you can understand my nerd....lol

Thanks for the reply Axeman2011. I'll give it a try.

Would setting them to NC mean that if I change patches, the stomp boxes I had turned on in a previous patch would still be on? So let's say I turn on reverb on my clean patch and then stomp on my overdrive patch, reverb would still be on provided the patch has the block? Or would it simply turn on the effects enabled in the patch and turn off the ones that aren't?

NC means that any external controller numbers which were turned on in the previous patch stay turned on, and the blocks they are attached to are turned on. The reverb block will stay turned on as long as it is using the same controller number in both patches.

Back
Top Bottom