FCB1010, III, Channel...

Hi trancegodz,

Thanks so much for taking the time to try to resolve this for me. I did as you suggested but the problem still exists.
I know this is going to be a "duh" moment when the problem is solved. I just can't see it.

I can't think of anything else, except to make sure you have a good midi cable. Only use one midi cable. Connect the midi out of the FCB1010 to the midi in of the Axe FXIII. Set up the cc#s in the Axe FXIII, turn on program change in the Axe FXIII. Set the midi channel to 1. That should do it. The first midi cable I tried didn't work. That same midi cable works with my synth. I bought a new Peavy midi cable that was wired pin to pin and it worked. If the EurekaProm is not installed correctly it will flash 1.88. Let me know when you get it working.

Thanks trancegodz,

It's hopeless...

I have 3 midi cables one of which is brand new and I tried all of them but no luck.

Under General I set the Midi Channel to 1.

No error codes flashing either.

I'll keep searching for an answer. My keyboard player is away at the moment. When he returns I'll have him give it a shot since he uses midi all the time.

Thanks again for the help. Really appreciated.
Party

Thanks to those that helped me.

The pedal is finally working but I'm not sure exactly how it happened. I used the idiot's guide to the FCB1010 and followed the directions for setting the midi channel to 1. I didn't expect it to work because the chip is different (Eureka Prom) but desperate times call for desperate measures. As I recall, there was no change when testing the AXE FX. Next I midi tested a Behringer V-amp Pro and Roland XV-5050 with the FCB1010 just to see if something, anything would change when I hit the pedal, nothing did. I turned everything off, plugged the FCB back into the AXE FX 3 and bingo, it worked. Perhaps plugging it into the other midi units somehow reset something in the FCB, I have no idea, but now it works.

Thanks again guys all for your help and patience with me.

Sorry, I just got this.

Thank you so much, trancegodz!

If you have a EurekaProm in your FCB-1010 and want it to work with the Axe FXIII do the following:

On your Axe FXIII:
  1. Press Setup.
  2. Scroll down to Midi Remote.
  3. Hit Enter.
  4. Page twice to the right until you get to Bypass.
  5. Here you need to go thru everything and set all the cc#s the same as they are for the Axe FXII. I attached them for you. They are in the Axe FXII manual page 194.
6 Once you have set up the CC#s in the Axe FXIII the same as they are in the Axe FXII, the FCB-1010 with EurekaProm will work fine.

7. After you have finished setting up the CC#s you need to page to the right to External and set External Control 1 to 16 and External Control 2 to 17.

That’s it.

Here is a link to EurekaProm’s info on using it with the Axe FXII.
The looper, scenes, presets, etc are already set up, as are the effects buttons. If you want to change the effects buttons from their default settings in the EurakaProm here is a link showing how to do that.

http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/fa

View attachment 46828

Just got my AXE 3 and am trying to get it to work with my FCB1010 eureka 3.2. Did all the midi ccs like this thread mentions and have gotten effects on/off, but I can't get presets to change? Midi channel is set to 1? Also I only see the effects change in Axe Edit, it doesn't seem to make the change on the Axe 3 screen?

Just got my AXE 3 and am trying to get it to work with my FCB1010 eureka 3.2. Did all the midi ccs like this thread mentions and have gotten effects on/off, but I can't get presets to change? Midi channel is set to 1? Also I only see the effects change in Axe Edit, it doesn't seem to make the change on the Axe 3 screen?
Do you have the Program Change global option set to ON?

For some reason that seems to be defaulted to OFF.

Is there a setting for that under Global Settings....if so I can't find it? It is on under Midi Remote.. Also, my expression pedal "B" isn't working? It's sending midi. Expression "A" is doing the wah but nothing for "B"? I know that's gotta be some dumb thing I overlooked.

Is there a setting for that under Global Settings....if so I can't find it? It is on under Midi Remote.. Also, my expression pedal "B" isn't working? It's sending midi. Expression "A" is doing the wah but nothing for "B"? I know that's gotta be some dumb thing I overlooked.
The manual is almost always your friend:

332D857F-250A-4838-AFB0-8CFCE47E76FC.jpeg

Apparently even David at Eureka Sound has had problems with preset change as I got this response when asking about preset and scene change:
"Scene select in the Axe FXII is MIDI CC#34. In the AxeFXIII if you assign scene select to MIDI CC#34, it will work perfectly.

(We're still scratching our head as to why all of the preset MIDI CC#'s change from Axe 2 to Axe 3...)

Cheers,
Dave Graham "

Apparently even David at Eureka Sound has had problems with preset change as I got this response when asking about preset and scene change:
"Scene select in the Axe FXII is MIDI CC#34. In the AxeFXIII if you assign scene select to MIDI CC#34, it will work perfectly.

(We're still scratching our head as to why all of the preset MIDI CC#'s change from Axe 2 to Axe 3...)

Cheers,
Dave Graham "
That is all relative to CCs, not PCs...

As far as the CCs, there's not much to understand: there are way more things that can be assigned midi control than 0-127 allow for. Arbitrarily assigning certain functions doesn't really work as everyone has different needs.

Anyone feeling charitable enough to field a simple question?

Given the EurekaProm CC#s, as entered into the III's Midi Remote//BYPASS page, I understand this to be a GLOBAL setting for ALL patches. (Correct?) If so, is there a way to OVERRIDE a CC within a unique patch where you desire to assign a FCB1010 switch to a DIFFERENT effect?

For example, you want to swap the Flanger for a Rotary for just ONE patch... Can you assign CC56 to Rotary in just that patch, yet CC56 still will bypass Flanger in all other patches??

(Special thanks to Party Pooper, Trancegodz, & unix-guy for your prior knowledge sharing! Y'all got me entered and running in a matter of minutes!)

Anyone feeling charitable enough to field a simple question?

Given the EurekaProm CC#s, as entered into the III's Midi Remote//BYPASS page, I understand this to be a GLOBAL setting for ALL patches. (Correct?) If so, is there a way to OVERRIDE a CC within a unique patch where you desire to assign a FCB1010 switch to a DIFFERENT effect?

For example, you want to swap the Flanger for a Rotary for just ONE patch... Can you assign CC56 to Rotary in just that patch, yet CC56 still will bypass Flanger in all other patches??

(Special thanks to Party Pooper, Trancegodz, & unix-guy for your prior knowledge sharing! Y'all got me entered and running in a matter of minutes!)
No, because the CC matters on the receiving side.

However, you could use the same CC for both effects on the Axe Fx. As long as you don't have both effects in the same preset...

You could set an External Control to the same CC# and assign that as a bypass modifier source for any block in a preset. Setting more than one effect bypass to the same CC# is also an option as mentioned above.

You could set an External Control to the same CC# and assign that as a bypass modifier source for any block in a preset. Setting more than one effect bypass to the same CC# is also an option as mentioned above.
Ah, yes, the infamous "wildcard" switch...;)

Back
Top Bottom