FCB1010, III, Channel...

diddleybo

Inspired
Hello,
I've been using the FCB1010 with EurekaPROM2 - I think - installed and was wondering if I'm going to be able to do all the Channel and Scene changes with it.

I'm pretty sure the Eureka chip supports scenes, which means it should also support Channels since the same underlying mechanism is used for both.

I don't believe EurekaProm will support channels. Scenes should work as then do with the AxeFX2. Eurekaprom has an Effects mode that lets you choose a CC# and then toggle between values 0 and 127. However, in order to select channels, you have to send a CC# and a value of 0 for Channel A, 2 for Channel B, 3 for Channel C or 4 for Channel D. I don't see how would do that with a Eurekaprom.

Austin

Yes. Scene changes. That's exactly how I've been using the FCB1010.
I usually have 2 or Scenes in a preset, and it's been great, but now I'm sure if the FCB1010 will do the Channel changes within a Scene.
Or is it Scene changes within a Channel? Haha!

That's exactly what I thought. And I'm not even sure what I'm looking to do, actually.
Scene changes within a Channel or Channel changes within a Scene?
Maybe it's time for the EurekaPROM 4?

Scenes are the on/off and channel selection of blocks within a preset.

You can change channel via a scene change OR a separate IA switch (just like X/Y on Axe Fx II).

However, looking at the docs, it appears that EurekaProm "hides" the scene mechanism... So you won't likely be able to do direct channel changes, only via scenes.

I just tried the Axe FXIII with an FCB1010 with the EurekaProm 3.2 and I was able to access all presets, 10 favorite presets, turn off and on individual effects, access all 8 scenes, and control the basic functions of the looper. I had all 8 scenes set up to change various effects and amps to different channels within each scene. That's the way I would use it.

I first had to set up all the Axe FXIII cc numbers like they were in the Axe FXII for everything to work without changing anything in the FCB1010 w/ Eurekaprom.

You can probable access channels in the PP (programable mode), but I didn't try that because I don't need to access them separately.

I'm taking a break then I'm going to try the Axe FXIII with the MFC-101.

Thank you so much, trancegodz!
What d you mean by "set up all the Axe FXIII cc numbers like they were in the Axe FXII for everything to work without changing anything in the FCB1010 w/ Eurekaprom."?
I've tried everything but nothing works and it's driving me crazy!

What d you mean by "set up all the Axe FXIII cc numbers like they were in the Axe FXII for everything to work without changing anything in the FCB1010 w/ Eurekaprom."?
He means that on the Axe Fx III, he used the same CC numbers for the same controls as are there on the Axe Fx II. The III does not have pre-defined CC numbers - you have to set them yourself.

He means that on the Axe Fx III, he used the same CC numbers for the same controls as are there on the Axe Fx II. The III does not have pre-defined CC numbers - you have to set them yourself.
Hmm. Is that something I can avoid once the AXE-EDIT III becomes available? Haha!

Ok. I seriously need some help, because I'm not making any progress here, and it's driving me crazy.
I just want to be able to make simple Scene changes like, turning on TS 808 for Scene 2 and going back to Scene 1 for clean tone.
And a Wah pedal available with Auto-engage.
How do I do that?
I don't even know what Mode I should be in.

If you have a EurekaProm in your FCB-1010 and want it to work with the Axe FXIII do the following:

On your Axe FXIII:
  1. Press Setup.
  2. Scroll down to Midi Remote.
  3. Hit Enter.
  4. Page twice to the right until you get to Bypass.
  5. Here you need to go thru everything and set all the cc#s the same as they are for the Axe FXII. I attached them for you. They are in the Axe FXII manual page 194.
6 Once you have set up the CC#s in the Axe FXIII the same as they are in the Axe FXII, the FCB-1010 with EurekaProm will work fine.

7. After you have finished setting up the CC#s you need to page to the right to External and set External Control 1 to 16 and External Control 2 to 17.

That’s it.

Here is a link to EurekaProm’s info on using it with the Axe FXII.
The looper, scenes, presets, etc are already set up, as are the effects buttons. If you want to change the effects buttons from their default settings in the EurakaProm here is a link showing how to do that.

http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/fa

Axe FXII CC# list.png

Hi trancegodz,

I am a complete novice when it comes to midi. I've been reading and watching videos trying to get my Axe FX 3 and FCB1010 with Eureka Prom 3 chip working together but with no luck. I followed the instructions you gave above, but again, no luck.

The FCB1010 appears to be working correctly. I've configured it and calibrated both expression pedals. When I push the FCB's pedals or move expression pedals, I can see the Axe FX midi light responding, but that's it. In "Pr" mode, I hit pedals 3 and 8 expecting the preset on the Axe FX 3 to change, but nothing. I can only assume that there is something in the Axe FX 3 that I haven't configured properly that is causing the problem.

One strange thing is that when I have both midi "in" and "out" plugged in, the FCB1010 locks up. The midi light flashes continuously and I cannot change from "EF" to "PR" modes of operation. Perhaps that is a clue to my problem.

One of my biggest problems is that there are lots of Axe FX 2 references and videos available to get the FCB1010 working but almost nothing covering exclusively the Axe FX 3. There are setup differences (screens and such) between the Axe FX 2 and 3 and that adds to the confusion, at least for me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Party

Don't use both cables. The returning data from the Axe Fx III is probably confusing the FCB as it doesn't know Axe Fx III protocol.

If preset changes aren't even working then it may be that you are not on the right midi channel.

Set both devices to use the same channel.

Thanks unix-guy,

This is where I get lost.

As in step 7 above under "external", I have it as:

External Control 1 16
External Control 2 17

Under General I have it as:

Midi Channel 1 (I also tried Omni).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Thanks unix-guy,

This is where I get lost.

As in step 7 above under "external", I have it as:

External Control 1 16
External Control 2 17

Under General I have it as:

Midi Channel 1 (I also tried Omni).

Any ideas?

Thanks.
The external control is for the pedals...

If midi channel is not correct, nothing will work including presets which are the easiest to get working usually.

If you set the Axe Fx III midi channel to Omni and it still doesn't work, there is most likely something wrong on the FCB.

My use of the FCB was with the UNO chip, so I can't offer any specific advice here on fixing that.

Hi trancegodz,

I am a complete novice when it comes to midi. I've been reading and watching videos trying to get my Axe FX 3 and FCB1010 with Eureka Prom 3 chip working together but with no luck. I followed the instructions you gave above, but again, no luck.

The FCB1010 appears to be working correctly. I've configured it and calibrated both expression pedals. When I push the FCB's pedals or move expression pedals, I can see the Axe FX midi light responding, but that's it. In "Pr" mode, I hit pedals 3 and 8 expecting the preset on the Axe FX 3 to change, but nothing. I can only assume that there is something in the Axe FX 3 that I haven't configured properly that is causing the problem.

One strange thing is that when I have both midi "in" and "out" plugged in, the FCB1010 locks up. The midi light flashes continuously and I cannot change from "EF" to "PR" modes of operation. Perhaps that is a clue to my problem.

One of my biggest problems is that there are lots of Axe FX 2 references and videos available to get the FCB1010 working but almost nothing covering exclusively the Axe FX 3. There are setup differences (screens and such) between the Axe FX 2 and 3 and that adds to the confusion, at least for me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Party

Set up the cc#s in the Axe FXIII and turn on program change in the Axe FXIII first. User one midi cable only. The default settings in the EurekaProm will work without you doing anything else.

After you first install the EurakaProm when it first comes on you should select FA mode.
You don't need to even touch PR mode unless you want to change the default settings which are already set up to work with the Axe FXII.

There are no videos showing how to use this with the Axe FXIII. Their website has videos for the Axe FXII showing everything you need, except setting up the cc#s in the Axe FXIII which I detailed above. Once you set up the CC#s in the Axe FXIII to match what they are in the Axe FXII, and turn program change on in the Axe FXIII everything will work. Only use one midi cable.

If after watching all the videos on the FA page of the EurekaProm site and doing what I just suggested it still doesn't work, make sure the EurekaProm is seated fully. I had to take mine out and put it back in three times before I got it seated right.

Hi trancegodz,

Thanks so much for taking the time to try to resolve this for me. I did as you suggested but the problem still exists.

Summary:

Under PC Configuration I turned Program Change to "ON". All CC numbers were added to the "Bypass" area. I have the Midi Channel set to "Omni" since none of the other numbers worked. Under External I set External Control 1 to 16 and External Control 2 to 17.

As far as the FCB1010 goes I need to make one clarification, when I mentioned "PR" mode, I meant "Preset" mode, not "Program" mode. The only mode I'm interested in is the Preset mode with Scene changes.

I watched all the videos on the Eureka Prom's website and followed the directions carefully. I'm certain the chip is seated properly (used to fix Commodore 64s) and the unit appears to be working correctly. If worse comes to worse I'll open it again and re-seat it but I'm afraid that is when a pin will bend. When your chip wasn't fully seated did you have similar problems? The FCB1010 is setup for FA operation (FA comes on during initialization) and the pedals change the digital display as I hit them.

I know this is going to be a "duh" moment when the problem is solved. I just can't see it.

Back
Top Bottom