FCB1010 HELP!

Can ANYONE help me with setting up the FCB1010 with my patches. I have an Axe XL the pedal will respond with the axe, but the signal path for presets are all discombobulated.
1 do you need the Euro Prom Chip?
Everyone I’ve watched videos on has this chip. I can’t even get it to go into Preset or Effects mode.
2 what are the exact path ways for the presets?

Eureka Prom and UNO chips are designed to make the FCB1010 more flexible but not required.

@decreebass has some good tutorial info on doing so with the "stock" chip.

I don't understand question #2

Here's a thread from long ago. I used the FCB1010 for many years with the AxeFxII and Ultra. If you seek only basic functions, it works fine. If you want to do more elaborate things, you'll need to spend time understanding MIDI specification and programming the pedal. It's a task, no word of a lie, but it can be done. If you have more time on your hands than money, the FCB1010 works. It is by no stretch an easy pedal to program, nor does it give you the visual feedback that is now becoming prevalent in today's MIDI pedals, which are significantly more expensive.

Good luck!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fcb1010-help-no-mod-no-chip.61417/

I’ve spent 3 days trying to get the axe to communicate properly with this pedal. I appreciate your help. But I ordered the MK3 used and Im sending back the midi pedal.
cheers, guys

I’ve spent 3 days trying to get the axe to communicate properly with this pedal. I appreciate your help. But I ordered the MK3 used and Im sending back the midi pedal.
cheers, guys
Do you mean you bought an MFC-101 mkIII?

That will certainly work a lot better... But it is discontinued now and the software editor for it is no longer available. So, you'll need to program it manually. That will still be much better than the FCB.

Your comments in your OP about "signal paths" are still confusing to me as the signal path of a preset is not controlled by midi (except for turning blocks on and off).

Back
Top Bottom