FCB1010 Help...PLEASE!!

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
I have an FCB with the UNO chip that i used without problem with my 11r. I program it for my Ultra, send the sysex, and it seems to be working, but the its not controlling the axe. Then I receive the sysex to check it and it is the one that was in there previously from the 11R....what am I doing wrong?? I can only change patches and have zero stomp box control because I guess the sysex isnt really being sent?

have you tried to program the FCB1010 manually so that the stomp settings match the MIDI channel and CC# bypass switches assigned to the effects blocks (default) on the Axe-Fx?

once i program all the cc's i'm sending the sysex to the fcb to write it to it's memory, i'm not using sysex as the actual cc changes.

have you used the editor from Behringer for the FCB1010? It's been a couple of years since I did it, but I'm pretty sure that it worked fine with the FCB with Uno and I was able to set it up to do stomp box style changes no problem. I never used a generic midi librarian or sequencer to send sysex.

haven't tried that one...i dl'd ripwerx but it didn't like my mac, so i pulled out an old pc that had the mountain systems editor on it and i program the fcb the way i want it, then when i try to load the sysex to the fcb itself it's like it's just not reading it....it reverts back to my old 11r settings...

well after manually going in and reconfiguring the settings on the fcb and buying a dedicated midi interface (i guess ripwerx doesn't like the one on my interface) I'm making progress.

My only issue now is that I'm trying to use the patch select button for tap tempo as well, and I selected "block repetitive program change messages" so it wouldn't re-select the patch over and over...but it's setting the tap tempo AND reselecting the patch somehow. unless I'm misunderstanding what this does. I assumed it would select the patch, then anything i do after that would set tempo without affecting any fx id already added via the stomp buttons....was I mistaken in that assumption? right now it goes back to the default state of the patch (most fx off) when i set the tap tempo.

any thoughts?

Also using FCB1010 UnO with the Mountain software.

- On the software, global settings: Make shure "Check firmware ech time editor starts" is on after reading the actual FCB1010 sysex file out of the unit! If it`s of, cklick it on and transmit manually ( hold on controlle ?? and 7 on the FCB by powering up -<y waitung for sysex...)

- Midi channels both units the same?

- In Globals (software side): Blocking is on?!

- check presets twice: I do it the same way: Preset changes are always TAP tempo switches too ... works!

- last chance: set on the AxeFX Block repeating PCs = ON

Back
Top Bottom