FCB1010 external Switch 1 & 2 CC#s?

fromthebark

Experienced
Sorry if I seem completely braindead about this one, I appreciate any info, ideas, workarounds that you guys can offer on the subject.

Can you connect midi switches to the inputs Labeled Switch 1 and Switch 2 on the back of the FCB1010? If so, I can't seem to find their corresponding CC#'s anywhere, I have EurekaProm 2 installed and running in FA mode. I'd love (actually I NEED) just ONE more pedal, it would be literal world of difference for my setup..

Often I'm using the 2nd expression pedal on the FCB to turn on a block sometimes, it's a little annoying.. but I'd like to use that for reverb swells or a wah, etc... I'd even be happy if the Up and Down pedals could be set to send CC#'s instead of change patches or modes, and just change patches from the front panel or FracTool with my iPad.

If not, what about the PEDAL input on the back of the AXE FX II itself? Will that take a simple single midi switch, and what would I select for it to engage and disable a block if it is an option? Does that send a specific CC#? This I actually haven't checked out, excuse my ignorance if the answer for this one is easy to find.. I will check after I send this and probably find the answer in 4 seconds.

I've been happily rocking with the Axe FX II mkII / FCB1010+EProm2 combo for a little over 2 years now without any troubles, They make a great pair, but this is one thing I am in the dark about. I've had daydreams about getting an MFC-101 and 2 mission exp pedals, but I honestly have no problems with the Behringer, and i'm usually living check to check anyway, so I'm probably not upgrading anytime soon unless my band has some sort of otherworldly groundswell of rabid fans, Not likely.

Thanks for any help or ideas, beautiful community.

Pretty sure the 'switch' connectors on the FCB are for switching amp channels. You could possibly connect them to the AxeFx ext switch inputs, but that seems unwieldy, and doesnt get you where you want to go with another button.

Okay sorry.. I finally used the correct combination of words in google and I think I found my answer.. the PEDAL input will work for what I need...(I/O > CTRL > setting block to PEDAL) I just have to find out what simple single TRS MIDI footswitch will work for this..
Will this do the job?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...97RSVz6Vq57rDtoDUcFJnymawGOcIqRNEFBoCn4Xw_wcB

I happened to have a Roland EV-5 expression and a M-Audio Sustain pedal laying around and hooked them up just for the hell of it but neither seems to send any MIDI info to the Axe (the MIDI IN light wasn't lighting up at all). I do now realize the Switch 1 and 2 on the FCB1010 won't do what I want though. Thanks y'all

MIDI in LED won't light from Axe pedal port use. That M-Audio sustain pedal should work. At I/O menu make sure pedal type = momentary.

Okay, well the sustain pedal didn't work, but I plugged the expression pedal in, and noticed it changed presets down when I went from toe to heel, So I changed the pedal type to Latching, turned off pedal incr and pedal decr and set a block to PEDAL, voilà!, works perfectly. Thanks Bakerman for pointing me in the right direction, even though it needed a little more of a workaround, you saved the day.

Back
Top Bottom