FCB with UNO --- HELP!

vinceh

Inspired
Hi everyone,

Received my UNO chip today from Belgium and I cannot seem to get the stompboxes working. I followed Voes's instructions for initializing etc the FCB after install and used Ripwerx to create the sysex file. I don't seem to be able to get the firmware from Ripwerx but I can get a report which shows the changes made to the FCB (sorry wife wanted her pc back to watch LOST so I am on my Mac going by memory).

I am using an Edirol UM-1EX which works great for firmware updates.

I am using the suggested cc numbers in Voes document as well, i.e., 26 for switch 6 etc.

When I hook up the FCB to my Axe, pedals 1-5 change to patches 1-5, whereas pedals 6-10 change to patches 96-100.

Please tell me WTF I am doing wrong before I pull the rest of my hair out.

Vince

I believe http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/fcb1010_uno/ is a better place to ask general UnO related questions (lots of UnO users over there)

It looks like you still have the PC messages enabled which are inserted when doing one of the Behringer factory resets (PC1 in preset 1, .... PC100 in preset 100). You need to delete those from the stompbox presets if you don't want them (the 5 stompboxes take over the memory space of the original presets 96-100, that's why you have those specific PC numbers there).
If the stomps don't toggle between two states, you need to activate toggling (just a checkbox somewhere in the ripwerx user interface)

Thanks Ossandust.

I think part of my problem was running Ripwerx from the zip file. I extracted to a directory and now I am communicating with my fcb.

Now when I push a button on the fcb it is waiting for another, e.g., if I push 1 it waits for me to push another button, say two, then reads 12 on the display (doesn't do anything on my axe though).

Joined the UNO forum last night. I will check there for more info.

Vince

vinceh said:
Now when I push a button on the fcb it is waiting for another, e.g., if I push 1 it waits for me to push another button, say two, then reads 12 on the display (doesn't do anything on my axe though).

You have it on 'Direct' mode right now. You need to do a global setup to switch it off that mode. Press the bank down button while you turn it on to get it into setup mode. If the '10' button is lit, then it's in direct mode. Turn it off to disengage that mode. Then, make sure button '9' is turned on to engage stompbox mode. Have button '8' turned on if you want the stomps on the top row. Press the down bank button again for a couple seconds to save your settings.

mwc2112 -- this getting me closer. buttons 6-9 stay lit if I step on them, but 10 doesn't.

1 - 5 one stays lit but no patch changes.

midi in on axe-fx does light when i press a pedal, so it is receiving signal. I have set chorus1 bypass to cc 26 to match the fcb.

Thanks.

Vince

Finally got it -- midi drivers for my Edirol weren't installed correctly; now works great.

Back
Top Bottom