FCB/UnO ControlCenter, "Connection Timeout Occured!"

diddleybo

Inspired
I've tried 2 different MIDI-USB cables, didn't work, tried to join the Yahoo group, pending membership and emailed the seller, but no response.
What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Make sure you have the midi cables plugged in correctly.

On my adapter they smartly labeled as "TO MIDI IN" and "TO MIDI OUT".

I haven't used the software in a long time, but I never had any problems communicating.

Make sure you have the midi cables plugged in correctly.

On my adapter they smartly labeled as "TO MIDI IN" and "TO MIDI OUT".

I haven't used the software in a long time, but I never had any problems communicating.
Thank you for your help, unix-guy.
I'm using the Roland UM-ONE and the are labeled as you described. However, when I step on a switch, the red IN light is blinking. Shouldn't it be the OUT light that's blinking? maybe that's why?

Still no response from the seller and Yahoo group.
My plan to utilize this for my gig tonight is... not possible at this point.

Thank you for your help, unix-guy.
I'm using the Roland UM-ONE and the are labeled as you described. However, when I step on a switch, the red IN light is blinking. Shouldn't it be the OUT light that's blinking? maybe that's why?

Still no response from the seller and Yahoo group.
My plan to utilize this for my gig tonight is... not possible at this point.
Yeah, that's odd... The OUT light should be lighting up as far as I know.

Can you try installing a midi utility like Midi-OX? Then you can see if you are getting incoming midi from the pedal.

In that case, I would connect only the midi out to make sure it's working from the right port.

Yeah, that's odd... The OUT light should be lighting up as far as I know.

Can you try installing a midi utility like Midi-OX? Then you can see if you are getting incoming midi from the pedal.

In that case, I would connect only the midi out to make sure it's working from the right port.
Here's the answer from Roland which I thought very weird.

"Normally the IN light should be flashing when a signal is going out of a MIDI device and in to your computer, so this sounds correct.

And the opposite is also true:

Normally the OUT light should be flashing when a signal is going out of your computer to a MIDI device."

Still no response from the seller and yahoo group...

Here's the answer from Roland which I thought very weird.

"Normally the IN light should be flashing when a signal is going out of a MIDI device and in to your computer, so this sounds correct.

And the opposite is also true:

Normally the OUT light should be flashing when a signal is going out of your computer to a MIDI device."

Still no response from the seller and yahoo group...
Xavier can be a bit spotty in responding... As far as I know he's the one who also owns the Yahoo group.

One other thing: are you sure you have an UNO chip of compatible version installed? Another forum member recently had issues only to discover he had the Eureka Prom not the UNO.

Xavier can be a bit spotty in responding... As far as I know he's the one who also owns the Yahoo group.

One other thing: are you sure you have an UNO chip of compatible version installed? Another forum member recently had issues only to discover he had the Eureka Prom not the UNO.
You're the man, unix-guy!
All mysteries solved. That's why I got no response and that's why my UNO's not working. I may have the Eureka chip installed.
Thank you so much for your help, unix-guy!

You're the man, unix-guy!
All mysteries solved. That's why I got no response and that's why my UNO's not working. I may have the Eureka chip installed.
Thank you so much for your help, unix-guy!
Well... Sucks that you paid for software you can't use.

I never used the Eureka so I can't compare or recommend an editor.

Good luck!

Now I have the UNO chip installed and they're finally talking to each other. You were right about Xavier, unix-guy! Whew! Haha!
How do I use the Scene with UNO? I couldn't find anything in the manual and I'm still not a Yahoo Group member, so I can't get any help from the group.

A scene is an Axe Fx specific thing, so you won't find it in the manual.

It's been a while since I've used an FCB... I don't remember the specifics.

In general, a scene is a stomp box, but all of your Scene buttons would need to be mutually exclusive.

And I don't think the UNO can do that. What you have to do (from memory) is to create the buttons as Presets but don't send any PC, just a CC for the scene.

If you still can't get it working let me know and I'll pull up an old config and attach it or at least figure out what I did ;)

Thanks a lot, unix-guy. That'd be great.
I just finished reading the manual and have no idea how I'm going to set it up.
And Xavier doesn't manage the Yahoo Group, he said, and I'm still not a member.

Ok - I was right. The scene buttons are set as presets but they don't send any PC, only CC.

Here is a view from the "text" editor in Control Center:

upload_2019-3-13_13-19-35.png

You see there are 2 banks, with the same basic setup.

Looking at the 1st bank alone:

Buttons 1-5 are scenes 1, 4, 3, 6 and 8 (CC#34, with values 000, 003, 002, 005, 007)

Buttons 6-10 are presets 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 (PC#s 000, 001, 002, 003, 004).

Are you using an Axe Fx II or III?

For an Axe Fx II, this should work as it is as the default CC for Scenes is 34. If it is an Axe Fx III, you will need to go into Midi/Remote menu and set the CC for Scenes (use 34, otherwise change the use of 34 in the definitions above).

Also, I never set anything up be a plain IA switch... So I'm not sure how to do that if you need that.

If you can use ripwerks. I can give you a file that has the top 5 switches as stomp box and bottom 5 switches as scenes. the up/down swicthes select preset up or down. I've been using it that way for upto 19 presets. This way the scenes light up individually, the stomp boxes act with 2 presses. Hope this can be useful.

Ok - I was right. The scene buttons are set as presets but they don't send any PC, only CC.

Here is a view from the "text" editor in Control Center:

View attachment 53260

You see there are 2 banks, with the same basic setup.

Looking at the 1st bank alone:

Buttons 1-5 are scenes 1, 4, 3, 6 and 8 (CC#34, with values 000, 003, 002, 005, 007)

Buttons 6-10 are presets 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 (PC#s 000, 001, 002, 003, 004).

Are you using an Axe Fx II or III?

For an Axe Fx II, this should work as it is as the default CC for Scenes is 34. If it is an Axe Fx III, you will need to go into Midi/Remote menu and set the CC for Scenes (use 34, otherwise change the use of 34 in the definitions above).

Also, I never set anything up be a plain IA switch... So I'm not sure how to do that if you need that.
Thank you so much, unix-guy! Nice profile picture! I haven't had a chance to give it a shot yet but I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

If you can use ripwerks. I can give you a file that has the top 5 switches as stomp box and bottom 5 switches as scenes. the up/down swicthes select preset up or down. I've been using it that way for upto 19 presets. This way the scenes light up individually, the stomp boxes act with 2 presses. Hope this can be useful.
Thank you, nickxmix. That's exactly how I'd want to set up my FCB1010, plus tuner maybe. I'd really appreciate that!

Thank you, nickxmix. That's exactly how I'd want to set up my FCB1010, plus tuner maybe. I'd really appreciate that!
I'll see if I can attached a screen shot from Ripwerks. See attached Files. These have a Tap tempo After selecting Scn1 to select the preset. Then Scn 1 can be tap Tempo. but you can still go to each scene.
Hope this is helpful.
Nick

Attachments

• FBC1010 Ripwerks 5Scns 19Prsts 5Stomps n Tempo.pdf
    785 KB · Views: 10
  • My5Scenes18PTempoStomp261118.syx
    2.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'll see if I can attached a screen shot from Ripwerks. See attached Files. These have a Tap tempo After selecting Scn1 to select the preset. Then Scn 1 can be tap Tempo. but you can still go to each scene.
Hope this is helpful.
Nick
Thank you so much, nickxmix!
I’ve been busy working and playing shows that I didn’t have time to get to it but I”ll finally have some time tomorrow, so... Hopefully, I can get it to work and use it for the show on Saturday. Thanks again!

The FCB1010 is driving me crazy!
I finally sat down and turned it on and then the display shows "+1.8.8."! What the heck?
I've got 3 shows to play next week and I can't even get started. Yes. I've tried every factory resets on google but I'm stuck.
I might have to put the old EUREKA chip back in. Ugh!!!

I like expensive guitars and the AXE-III but I don't like expensive foot controllers. I think the FCB1010 is great, but I just can't get it to work.

You probably had two footswitches pressed too long and it went into configuration mode. No sweat, just cut off the power and restart the pedal. I confirm it's a very functionnal and reliable controller. Better use Ripwerx.
BTW, Xavier is out for a few days from time to time, but he always answers.

Thank you, lauke-lux. How long is too long? Now I get "8."! Haha! I will try Ripwerx once I get it out of the current "brick" situation.

Back
Top Bottom