FCB-1010

handbones

Hello, i just purchased an fcb1010 board and it has the EURIKA PROM 3 chip..Could someone.........?
OR
Would someone PLEASE walk me through the setup for my axe fx 2.....THANK YOU.

Hey there

The Eurekaprom has a specific setting for Fractal audio, this is the FA bank if i remember correctly. Please visit the eurekaprom website and search for the FA setting. This is holding a button after power-on, but i cant remember which button. Then you select FA and your good to go.

Hope this helps

Cheers

If you're on a Mac, I used the Mountain Utilities FCB Manager and it made my programming a lot easier (once I wrapped my head around it, watched some tutorials and read some forum posts). I'd recommend that over trying to do it on the controller. I'm sure there is a PC equivalent.

I tried to go on the site and it says nothing about the settings on the axe fx 2..
Hey there

These setting, they are programmed on the chip.

I found this for you:
Here are the steps to select a configuration within the EurekaPROM:
  1. Keep switches 1 and 2 pressed while powering up the unit.
    • You'll see "A3" appear on the 7-segment display, and the Pedal 5 LED begin to flash.
  2. You can scroll through the configurations using the UP and DOWN pedal. The configurations include:
  3. Once you've selected a configuration, press Pedal 5 to select it.

Just select FA and you will be up and running

I found this info here:
https://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/setup

Good luck

Cheers

Thank you very much for your reply..much appreciated....I just purchased them...I can't find the axe fx settings online..I don't know how to set the fx2 to read the pedal.....

If you're on a Mac, I used the Mountain Utilities FCB Manager and it made my programming a lot easier (once I wrapped my head around it, watched some tutorials and read some forum posts). I'd recommend that over trying to do it on the controller. I'm sure there is a PC equivalent.
Thank you so much for your reply...I'm on a PC. I cannot find a word on settings on the axe fx 2 to read the pedal...

Hey there

The Eurekaprom has a specific setting for Fractal audio, this is the FA bank if i remember correctly. Please visit the eurekaprom website and search for the FA setting. This is holding a button after power-on, but i cant remember which button. Then you select FA and your good to go.

Hope this helps

Cheers
I thank you for responding...

Thank you very much for your reply..much appreciated....I just purchased them...I can't find the axe fx settings online..I don't know how to set the fx2 to read the pedal.....
Hey there

You only need a midi in/out cable for the AxeFx. It would be wise to download the axefx II manual and goto the midi setting. Here are the default midi CC settings . As far as i know, the eurekaprom uses these settings (also to talk to the III) . So basicly you only have to check the midi setting on the AxeFxII if they match the configuration from the manual and the Eurekaprom will do the rest.

Cheers

I have the eurika prom 3 chip in it already...I'm reading alot ....lol..I'll get it sooner or later...thanks man.

The Axe Fx shouldn't need anything done except maybe setting the midi channel.

The manual for the Axe Fx II tells you how to do this:

3AEBD30C-DCD9-48D1-A999-0657856315BA.jpeg

I did find this one quote on the FA page of their site:

Note: When using the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 with the Fractal in 2-cable mode, be sure that MIDI THRU is set to OFF.

That would depend on which version of Axe Fx II you have as later versions have a separate Midi Thru port and you wouldn't need that setting.

Back
Top Bottom