fcb 1010 wah not sweeping

jimbop

Inspired
hi, never really used the wah so i dont know if this problem is recent but i have the eureka chip installed.....pedals working and calibrated, but pressing the pedal it just goes from min to max.

this is the same for both pedals. played with all the modifiyers with same result.

any help gratefully recieved!

jim.

Press I/O and page over to the MIDI page
set the MIDI CHANNEL to OMNI

Press I/O and page over to the CTRL page
Scroll down to External 1 and press ENTER
Move the expression pedal that you want to be External 1

In a WAHWAH effect block, go to FREQ and press ENTER.
Then set the SOURCE to EXTRN 1.

Watch the modifier page as you move the expression pedal.

thanx for your help :)

i was really hoping the 'omni' bit would fix it, but no :(
that little ball on modifier page just flicks from top to bottom. pedals are calibrated, the midi light on the fcb1010 flickers all the way through pedal travel.

the axe 'midi in' lights up if you move the pedal anywhere between min/max, but no way can i stop that ball midway in modifier!

no as i have the eureka chip it doesnt display the numbers. i meant the small activity light above the pedal.
i assume then that the fcb is transmitting ALL numbers between 0-127 and also as the axe 'midi in' light is doing the same, is receiving all numbers?

i have reset the axe too with no result. this problem is affecting all modifiers [ with the sliding ball thingy].

I believe the axe is fine the way it is. The midi light is flashing, so it is receiving the midi messages.

It appears the expression pedals are only sending 0 and 127, and none of the values in between (problem).

Do you have 1 midi cable connected or 2? should be just 1 (FCB out to AxeFx in)
The configuration within the eurekaprom should be pp.

You mentioned that you calibrated already EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 Expression Pedal Calibration - YouTube

I'm running out of ideas, since I don't have the eureka chip, but I think the problem is the FCB is not programmed the way it needs to be.
I can't recommend resetting the FCB because I don't have the eureka chip.

thanx for help anyway. the fcb is already setup for the eureka, i just change some cc's in the axe, and ive done the calibration twice now.
i have a 4 cable setup as i use axe edit. i tried with just 2 cables with no success though.

i was hoping it would be an axe setting....seems not :(
i think ill re-install the uno chip and see if that works.that will rule out the fcb as the culprit

hmmm. installed the uno chip now. calibrated the pedals and i have a 08-127 range.

however, as i push pedal down and stop [say at 80] the readout goes back to '08' doesnt stay at 80.
this is same for both pedals.

BUT......!

SWEEP WORKS ON AXE.

hopefully somethings wrong with eureka calibration or the chips gone bandy :(

thanx for help.

Back
Top Bottom