FCB 1010 programming

sakis

Dear all please excuse me

I have an FCB 1010 that i would like to program in a way that will control a DMX controller that features a midi port
From this port you are able to control instantly 15 banks with 8 senes each and six chasers
to do so you need to program those on the FCB as seen at the att.

Is this possible to do so please ?

Attachments

• notes.png
    notes.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 15
Each of the switches on the stock FCB1010 can be programmed to send out one or more MIDI events. The events may be a combination of patch changes, Continuous Controller (CC) values, and/or notes. So, yes you should be able to do what you want. I don't know if your device wants the same MIDI note for on and off of the same target, i.e. a note on event for target on and the same note off event for the same target off. I'm not sure if the FCB can be made to "latch" a MIDI note on. Normally I believe it will send the corresponding note off when you release the switch, as a keyboard does. That would mean to stay on a particular scene or mode, you'd need to keep a button pressed because as soon as you released it the FCB sends a note off event.

The key to this is in the MIDI protocol of the DMX controller, telling you what MIDI commands the unit responds to in order to change banks, scenes, and chases. Without knowing the MIDI spec for the DMX, I'd hazard to guess that you could set up the FCB1010 to have buttons change scenes, use the exp pedals for fades, and perhaps trigger chases.

If you can find the MIDI spec of the DMX unit, post it here and that should tell us everything we need to know.

all correct
my DMX controller has 15 banks of 8 scenes each already programmed and MIDI ch is ch 1
to activate one bank you need to send "ON" command for notes 00 to 07 to activate the scenes in the specific bank 1 and goes on for the rest of the banks and notes

that sounds extremely simple but still trying to read the programming manual of FCB 1010 it is totally impossible for me to understand anything

126 note is the command to blackout the DMX controller .... i cannot manage to do that also that is much more simple to do .

PROGRAMMING A NOTE TO A FOOTSWITCH

1) Use the UP or DOWN footswitches to navigate to the bank you wish to use. You can change the settings for each of the 10 banks. In this example, let's select bank "00".
2) Press the footswitch that you wish to edit/assign. In this example, let's press the switch labeled "1". The light next to the footswitch will light up.
3) Press and hold the DOWN footswitch to enter preset programming mode. The green light labeled "SWITCH1/SWITCH2" will start flashing.
4) Press UP/ENTER to verify that you wish to edit this preset.
5) If your pedalboard features the factory defaults, the lights next to footswitches 1, 8, and 9 will be lit. Press and hold each of them to clear them. The lights will go off.
6) Press and hold the 10/0 footswitch, to tell the pedalboard that you are trying to assign a MIDI note value. The led lights up, indicating that you are choosing to assign a MIDI note.
7) Quickly press the 10/0 footswitch once to confirm your selection. The led will start blinking.
8) Use the numbered footswitches to enter the numerical value corresponding to the MIDI note you wish to assign. The values range from 0 to 127. For this example, press the "0" switch, which assigns the lowest note available. (C-2)
9) Confirm your selection by pressing the UP/ENTER footswitch.
10) Press and hold DOWN/ESCAPE to save your changes.

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=197421
https://kb.musictribe.com/musickb/v...010-Can-I-Have-A-General-Programming-Overview

1) Use the UP or DOWN footswitches to navigate to the bank you wish to use. You can change the settings for each of the 10 banks. In this example, let's select bank "00"
.to do that you need first to determine a few other things that have to do with switches up and down and the total configuration IE if you need to use 10 bank function or one bank function
in my case i will be more than happy to use just 10 switches nothing else
farther more you have the option to press switch 1 and then switch 2 then number 12 appears on screen
i dont want that i need to have only 10 commands and the ability to move fast between these commands
How to do that first please

2) Press the footswitch that you wish to edit/assign. In this example, let's press the switch labeled "1". The light next to the footswitch will light up.
3) Press and hold the DOWN footswitch to enter preset programming mode. The green light labeled "SWITCH1/SWITCH2" will start flashing.
I expect that these switches are supposed to be external foot switches to activate some functions I don't want that may i proceed by leaving these two switches inactive ?
4) Press UP/ENTER to verify that you wish to edit this preset.
5) If your pedalboard features the factory defaults, the lights next to footswitches 1, 8, and 9 will be lit. Press and hold each of them to clear them. The lights will go off. ( that is not written in the manual or its not clear enough to understand )
6) Press and hold the 10/0 footswitch, to tell the pedalboard that you are trying to assign a MIDI note value. The led lights up, indicating that you are choosing to assign a MIDI note.
7) Quickly press the 10/0 footswitch once to confirm your selection. The led will start blinking.
8) Use the numbered footswitches to enter the numerical value corresponding to the MIDI note you wish to assign. The values range from 0 to 127. For this example, press the "0" switch, which assigns the lowest note available. (C-2)
9) Confirm your selection by pressing the UP/ENTER footswitch.
10) Press and hold DOWN/ESCAPE to save your changes.

and then which are the steps required to assign for switch no 1 for example to send ON commands to notes 00 to 07 so i can activate Bank 1 of my machine

I'd advise that you manually "wipe" clear any programming of all 10 switches in a single bank so you can start with a clean slate. It's a tedious process without an editing program, but certainly do-able. Are you comfortable getting into EDIT mode for a switch, and then navigating around the different functions that can be programmed. Really, all you need is to make sure you are always transmitting OUT on the same MIDI channel your DMX wants to receive, and then it seems like the rest is programming ONLY note data for each switch, and nothing else. Is that right?

did wipping and a total reset more than once to start fresh
the manual is so strange to understand that upon power and pressing any of the switches i dont even know if this refers to a command or a bank

so this has to be done first
selecting a midi ch yes i found that was set also my DMX was set to ch 1
but after that how to send note 126 for example wasn't possible to program properly ( or even if appears to be programmed it doesn't control my DMX machine even though checked to be on midi ch 1 and the FCB 1010 is also set to ch 1 )
how to program only the data i want No for sure i can understand how to do that

note 126 is just one order that equals to black out in my DMX system ..... one command not a set of commands
So far i failed to do that simple thing

Back
Top Bottom