FCB-1010 and Axe-Fx 2

Clockwork Creep

Power User
Hi there.
Normally, the FCB1010 works perfectly with my Axe FX 2, but there were two instances during gigs, where there was no communication between the two. And it seems like there is no reason for that not to work. The pedals were set up right, connected right, the cable is a quality, heavy-duty one, but the Axe FX didn't read any MIDI signals. No "MIDI IN" light.

Any idea what could cause this?
We don't yet have a power conditioner (Just ordered one from thomann two days ago). My first hunch is that the electricity during these gigs was bad, and the power supply of the FCB1010 isn't great, so the signals it sends are noisy and Axe FX doesn't understand them as midi signals... Or something in the line... During both instances, there was also a DJ with his whole gear and lights connected to the same outlet, so I'm suspicious... Or am I completely off track here?
Could it be an Axe FX problem? A cable problem? A pedal problem?... What is more likely? No idea, really.

I got one since axe-fx1 and with the 2 since the launch, the only problem i got its the calibration of expression pedals, you have to do it regulary.

maybe wrong rear input? wrong fcb1010 output? internal shortcut in the midi cable? if the midi in ligth doesnt flash i think theres no midi input in the axe-fx.

Not likely that someone else’s nearby gear could cause this. The easiest things to try first would be double checking that you are plugged into the correct output and input, and if so then trying a different midi cable.

If that doesn’t fix it, I believe the “in“ and “thru“ jacks are hard-connected together. You could try plugging the MIDI cable into the “thru” jack, just to rule out a bad jack on the Axe fx.

Back
Top Bottom