• No, I'll be fine with multiple FC6 and/or FC12

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Yes, give me a FC18 (3x6 switches)

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Yes, give me a FC21 (3x7 switches)

Votes: 52 28.4%

• Total voters

Spidouz

I know the FC6 and FC12 are still in R&D right now and they will be the perfect Foot Controllers for many people out there. I also know we can apparently have up to 4 controllers working together.

But am I the only here to actually hope for a bigger FC18 or FC21 version to mainly have 3 rows of switches?? (something almost similar to the Mastermind GT, but made by Fractal for total perfect integration to the new Axe-FX III with the faslink II)

I thought I read that they're easily daisy-chainable .... That means you can have any multiple of 6 ....

FC 6 ( stand alone )
FC 12 ( stand alone )
FC 18 ( 1 FC 6 & 1 FC 12 )
FC 24 ( 2 FC 12's )
etc; etc; etc; etc;

All the way up to FC 48 ( if my math is correct ) ....

I'm kind of with you but sometimes you just have to adapt and then you'll be fine. They can only offer so much. Lots of MFC users wished for a smaller mfc. At least they have two options now.

nope it doesn't. the dimensions will help too. I could see an FC6 next to a FC 12 being quite wide too. From the photos they look a bit tall to elevate one behind the other too. I'm wondering also if they'll have midi in and maybe a way to add the voes controller underneath for scenes or something.

But since they're not "done" yet, it doesn't hurt to poll people about it.

Except for the fact that they ARE done .... Cliff said that they've got some in to be tested, he just didn't have an actual photograph when they made the announcement ....

"We actually have FCs but they didn't arrive in time for the photo shoot. Hopefully we'll have real photos up by the end of the week."

Last edited:
My question is how much ?
When will they be available?
Why won’t the MFC 101 work with the Ace FX III ?
Couple of posts about why the MFC 101 doesn't work the same in some other threads. It works in basic midi mode not axe fx mode. The new controllers are "clients" and not midi controllers is my perception. This way their data is contained in the AXE III. So you can choose what each button does for each preset. You can assign switches much like you do on the AX8. I think its going to be awesome. So the MFC doesn't become useless but its just not as easy as it currently is with the XL. And no FAS link.

Here's my take, for my particular situation.

I use five switches, at one time, at the most on any given preset. Some presets I only need two switches. Plus tuner access.

With the MFC-101, because the switches were global, I had to populate all of the switches with every possible combination to cover all presets. The new FC controllers will work more like the AX8. With the addition of the scribble strips and colored LED rings, you will be able to populate only, and exactly what you need for each preset.

So I believe Fractal's thinking is that less switches would be needed on a per-preset basis? Even things like tap tempo can only be added to a switch when needed for a particular preset. There will also be 'Push and Hold' possibilities. As well as multiple layers.

It's a new way of thinking about it. After exploring the AX8, the MFC–101 seemed less efficient. It may end up more useful than it seems. For me, even the FC 12 is too much.

Just my $.02

Last edited:
Here's my take, for my particular situation.

I use five switches, at one time, at the most on any given preset. Some presets I only need to switches. Plus tuner access.

With the MFC-101, because the switches were global, I had to populate all of the switches with every possible combination to cover all presets. The new FC controllers will work more like the AX8. With the addition of the scribble strips and colored LED rings, you will be able to populate only, and exactly what you need for each preset.

So I believe Fractal's thinking is that less switches would be needed on a per-preset basis? Even things like tap tempo can only be added to a switch when needed for a particular preset. There will also be 'Push and Hold' possibilities. As well as multiple layers.

It's a new way of thinking about it. After exploring the AX8, the MFC–101 seemed less efficient. It may end up more useful than it seems. For me, even the FC 12 is too much.

Just my $.02
Exactly - I am an AX8 user, but I often talk to Axe/MFC users, and to me the MFC seems really inflexible to operate. The AX8 way of thinking footswitches is so much more efficient to me.

I will be perfectly fine with FC6 given all the new features and power of the III. When I got my AXE-FX II using it with MFC was great as we didn't have scenes and x/y (at first if I remember correctly) When these features was introduced I have done several gigs with only MorningStart MC6 + expression pedal. No need for so much stepping around.

I don't know how I've gone this long using my current set up with rows of switching with the MFC.

The amount of times I've had to tippy toe onto a 2nd row switch (multiple times per gig) makes me sweat everytime. Whilst sure I could go back and change everything, i'm very much looking forward to redoing my patches again which on the surface so far looks like I have almost unlimited possibilities when it comes to amp switching and scenes to make it all work on one row of switches for an entire gig.

Looper/Tuner/Tap tempo preset switches above may work for me. Can't wait.... ahhhh the possibilities

Back
Top Bottom