[fixed] FC12 PROBLEM (& FC6)....3 BUTTONS (ALL BUTTONS) not functioning..but light up.

On 12.06 and the latest 1.11 FS update.

I have a church gig tonight ....I may try and reload stuff tonight....it seemed to go away until I updated the footswitch.

Support is a little slow because of quarantine, but we WILL take care of you!

I had this issue on my FC-12 for a few days about a month ago. Bottom-left 3 buttons not responding. I was on 12.03(?) for Axe III firmware and 1.10 for FC firmware. I talked to Mark in support and he told me I should probably ship it in for service. I procrastinated (as always) and the issue has not returned. Just throwing this out there for informational purposes, as another person who has experienced this issue.

Last edited:
Here ya buddy...I'm the king of the p word!

No worries Matt.....still playing around with it.

Had it connected to Axe Edit at home.....but was doing the same out as well...... using the 6 or 12
I tried a couple different XLR's to rule that out.

Will reload new stuff again first thing.

Add another FC-12 to the list.... Bottom left three switches become unresponsive... Nothing fancy, just switching between basic scenes... It seems to only occur minutes after using Axe Edit.. I've noticed this prior to the last two Axe Edit updates, yet persists after the 2 quick updates.. (Not assuming that its Axe Software related.....) All latest firmware/software.. Staying tuned and standing by.

Exactly what I’m experiencing right now. It’s very sporadic but just started happening last night. No changes lately. Tried unplugging the USB cable also, still happened. 12.07 on the Axe and 1.11 on the FC-12.

Has anybody got this resolved? I just sent my FC-6 back for the second time to try to get this fixed. It’s always the top row that gets locked up, and it only happens if I‘m actively playing guitar. Doesn’t matter what preset it’s on. If I reboot and just leave it on without playing, I can turn switches on and off with no lockups. It’s only when I start playing that it locks up. Talking about bruising one’s ego...

I had my FC-6 freeze up twice at rehearsal today. Once when I booted it up for the first time, all the buttons were unresponsive. Turning the Axe 3 on and off solved it. Then again in the middle of a song. I was changing scenes using a inc +1 function. I have the tuner assigned on the hold function of the same button, I might have held the switch long enough to enter tuner mode. Anyway the axe tuner was turned on, and all the colors turned to yellow on the buttons and changed to random functions. Pressing buttons did nothing, I had to turn the Axe on and off again.

I have the same problem 3 top FC6 buttons stop working. Reconnecting the cable helps, but after a while the problem repeats. And I noticed that this happens more often during rehearsals. At home, this did not seem to happen. Ax edit is always connected at home. all firmwares are the latest everywhere. In the end, did anyone find a solution to the problem?

Mine came back fixed, although they said that they did nothing to it but run tests on it. They sent me videos of them testing it. All I know is, it runs flawlessly now.

I have the same exact issue with 3 switches lit but stop working at random times. I unplug and reconnect the xlr cable and they start to work. Have swapped xlr cables, reinstalled software on both FC and AXE FX3, created a new preset…but no luck. I have an open ticket with fractal with no response…only the automated email saying they would respond in a day (it’s been over a week and nothing yet). So frustrating because it’s left me hanging while playing live and trying to access a scene.

I have the same exact issue with 3 switches lit but stop working at random times. I unplug and reconnect the xlr cable and they start to work. Have swapped xlr cables, reinstalled software on both FC and AXE FX3, created a new preset…but no luck. I have an open ticket with fractal with no response…only the automated email saying they would respond in a day (it’s been over a week and nothing yet). So frustrating because it’s left me hanging while playing live and trying to access a scene.
Drop them a line again. They’re typically very responsive. Maybe something got lost in email.

Back
Top Bottom