1: clean
2: clean lead
3: crunch
4: crunch lead
5 heavy
6 heavy lead
7 acoustic
8 acoustic electric blend

Anyone have any good ideas in how to control all 8 scenes without taking up eight separate foot switches? I’d like to leave as many switches possible open for instant access to other blocks

The only thing I was thinking was to make Button one scene one/two by either pushing or holding and then do the same for buttons two, three and four with the remaining scenes. If that is a possibility.

Another option is to use Scene Increment/Decrement.That could cut you down to two footswitches. If you’re willing to use increment only with scene wrap, you’re down to one.

Use the Toggle Scene function. That by itself will cut you down to four footswitches.

Thats what I plan to do. The only issue I potentially see is If I toggle between rhythm and solo on 1, and then have to go to a different tone after the solo on 2, then to get back to the rhythm channel on 1 I think I would have to hit 1 twice, as 1 would still be in its toggled state. Does that makes sense?

Thats what I plan to do. The only issue I potentially see is If I toggle between rhythm and solo on 1, and then have to go to a different tone after the solo on 2, then to get back to the rhythm channel on 1 I think I would have to hit 1 twice, as 1 would still be in its toggled state. Does that makes sense?
Yes.

You can eliminate the confusion by having the FC display the target scene for each switch. That way, you’ll know at a glance whether you have to press it once or twice.

Yes.

You can eliminate the confusion by having the FC display the target scene for each switch. That way, you’ll know at a glance whether you have to press it once or twice.

Thats cool. It will be fun having an endless supply of creativity at our feet!

What makes a tone a "lead" tone? Can this be consolidated to a single switch? Then, you can turn any scene in to a "lead" scene with this switch.

I'd use two layouts. And have one switch flip between them. Then you don't have to remember whats double-stacked on switches.
So you can use more than one layout and a single preset ? I was under the impression that you had to choose a layout and stick with it

What makes a tone a "lead" tone? Can this be consolidated to a single switch? Then, you can turn any scene in to a "lead" scene with this switch.
A lot of little changes basically giving a volume bump, mid boost l, changing the delay, turning off reverb. stuff like that.

I’m basically trying to turn one preset into a clean crunch and heavy rig all in one preset. When I say lead I basically mean bringing that preset out in front of the mix a little bit whether its clean crunch or heavy

You can have a switch do more than one thing too right

Like have power up with MLM as your first page

Hit preset and have it load Scene2
Simultaneously

You can have a switch do more than one thing too right

Like have power up with MLM as your first page

Hit preset and have it load Scene2
Simultaneously
Not this exactly. But there is a Layout Link function, where you tap a switch - like a Preset switch - and it also changes Layouts to a Scene/Effect Layout that you designated.

Is there a way to make the scenes revert back to their original saved stated when going back and forth between scenes? for example if I turn on a drive block in scene one then switch to scene two and back to scene one the drive pedal is still on. Can I make it so It always reverts to the saved position?

Is there a way to make the scenes revert back to their original saved stated when going back and forth between scenes? for example if I turn on a drive block in scene one then switch to scene two and back to scene one the drive pedal is still on. Can I make it so It always reverts to the saved position?
Yes, use Scene Revert, an option on all FAS gear. It’s set on the Axe, not the controller.

Do you use external switches? With the MFC, I like to keep my Piezo scene tied to an external switch well away from the other switches so I don't accidentally hit it when trying to engage an effect. I plan to do the same with the FC-12. Of course, this only frees up one button, but it's a start.

Could you group scenes based on the effects you need instant access to at a given time? I have one group of scenes where I need to access drive, boost, delay 1, chorus, phaser and pitch. I have a couple more that are more time/delay oriented, where I might want to get to delay 2, reverb, plex, etc. My plan there is to have two "performance" layouts I can toggle between (on the same switch). These layouts will basically swap out the scenes on the bottom row of switches and associated effects on the top row. Even if I don't change scenes, I will still be able to jump back and forth between these 2 layouts to access almost all of the effects I have in the patch (using tap and hold functions as well).

Based on my understanding of the manual, you could take this a step further using a Layout Link for every scene to load a customized set of effects switches for each scene.

Yes, use Scene Revert, an option on all FAS gear. It’s set on the Axe, not the controller.
Does something similar work with the FC scene toggles? IOW, scene 1/2 toggle on the FC, if you go to scene 3 or other on a different FC scene button, can the scene 1/2 toggle always default to scene one when going back to it?

Does something similar work with the FC scene toggles? IOW, scene 1/2 toggle on the FC, if you go to scene 3 or other on a different FC scene button, can the scene 1/2 toggle always default to scene one when going back to it?
Yes, sounds exactly like what I'm doing. Main rhythm and lead patch are on Scene 1/2 toggle and if I go over to another scene, like for example my clean sound on 3, it will go back to my rhythm channel no matter what I was on prior to hitting scene 3. Perfect for my workflow.

Back
Top Bottom