FC12 Gig Layouts

Akstrat

Experienced
Just wondering what others are using for FC12 layouts for gigging? This is intended for AXE 3 users.

I'm coming from a OMG9 setup and I just can't wrap my head around the Perform Layouts.

This is going to depend on your personal way of working. I play in a covers band. 90% of our SetList I can handle with one, 5 scene, preset. The other few songs need specific settings. Coming from AxeFX II and MFC I knew pretty much what I wanted. This is what I use:

Af4jQkW.jpg

Top right cycles through the patches. Tap forward, hold back
The bottom row accesses my five scenes, plus tap tempo at the end.
The top row turns effects on and off within the scene.

To get this layout I edited the first FC-12 layout.

It's going to be completely dependent on how you use the Axe Fx...

Do you use it like a pedalboard and amp where you're primarily turning effects on and off individually?

Do you use scenes?

Do you change presets a lot?

I too play in a cover band. In the FM3/FC6 setup, I used 6 Presets, 6 Scenes, and then had 6 effects I could toggle off and on, with one effect being the tap tempo. Yes, I use it very much like a pedalboard.

I like the idea of more switches to access more presets and scenes, however the perform setup seems to limit you to four scenes per preset? I'm a bit stumped on how I want to set this up? I could get by with 8 presets and 8 scenes. Would I then set the bank size to four and have the right two switches on Layout 7 bank up four new presets and show scenes 5-8, and keep Layout 8 for my effects? Does that make sense? I appreciate any help. I'm sure we all go through this.

I too play in a cover band. In the FM3/FC6 setup, I used 6 Presets, 6 Scenes, and then had 6 effects I could toggle off and on, with one effect being the tap tempo. Yes, I use it very much like a pedalboard.

I like the idea of more switches to access more presets and scenes, however the perform setup seems to limit you to four scenes per preset? I'm a bit stumped on how I want to set this up? I could get by with 8 presets and 8 scenes. Would I then set the bank size to four and have the right two switches on Layout 7 bank up four new presets and show scenes 5-8, and keep Layout 8 for my effects? Does that make sense? I appreciate any help. I'm sure we all go through this.
Try it out and see if you like it. That's really the only way to know if it works for you.

It's simple to export/import layouts so I recommend playing around to see what's most useful for you.

I think I have an solution. I'm going to go with using 8 Presets with 5 Scenes each. I'll use the Perform Layout 7 & 8 with one change. I'll lose the Bank down and change it to Scene 5 on Layout 7. When I Bank up it will display the next four Presets and Toggle. No need for a Bank Down. I could very easily add another four Presets for 12 and use wrap, just don't think I'll need them for most gigs? I also changed the Effects Layout to my needs and the most common effects I use in most all my Presets, including a TAP Tempo/ Hold Tuner in the Lower Left. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom