FC12 Display Bank Offset

Hi,
How do I change the FC 12 to start at Bank 1 (i.e. get rid of Bank 000)?
There isn't currently a way to do this unless you start up and bank and set your wraps accordingly. The Display Offset currently only applies to presets, not banks.

There isn't currently a way to do this unless you start up and bank and set your wraps accordingly. The Display Offset currently only applies to presets, not banks.
Ah, that's a shame, I figured this was something of an obvious feature for it to have. I mean, starting at Bank 1 seems much more logical.

To explain a little further....
What I've found is, As I have the Bank Size set to 5, When I want to open a preset in Bank 1 on the Axe-Fx, I need to go to Bank 000 on the FC to get there. I use about 15x banks worth of presets, and their locations are pretty much drilled into my brain from my years with the II/MFC.
So, I know for example that my preset for 'The Who' is (Preset no. 73) in Bank 15. So on the FC, I now have to go to Bank 14 to find it. A tad frustrating to not be able to implement a Bank offset to match the Axe-Fx. I hope that explains it in more detail.

IIRC, when switching banks, it displays the range of presets included, so something like Bank 014 (P075 -P079) would pop up on the display.

IIRC, when switching banks, it displays the range of presets included, so something like Bank 014 (P075 -P079) would pop up on the display.
Yes it does do that. Not that it really helps though, when like I mentioned, i have the bank number and switch positions drilled into my head, so I know what bank in which all me presets reside, but now if I go to Bank 15, it’s actually displaying the presets I had in Bank 16. So it makes sense to have the option to get rid of bank 000, which was fine in the MFC.

My hopefully temporary workaround for this so far has been to set the lower bank limit to 1, so that bank 000 doesn’t appear, then to move all my presets in the Axe-Fx up 1 bank so that all my presets appear in the banks I expect them to.
It’s not perfect but it’ll work for the time being.

Combine that with some Bank +/- 4 functions as hold functions under your Bank +/- 1 switches, and you've got a tolerable workaround, methinks....

Back
Top Bottom