FC12 dims and price

A lot of people have been asking this and he's been pretty quiet about it. Fractal probably won't release the dimensions until there's a full announcement of the product. They were only teased in the Axe FX III announcement to explain there's a new FASLINK 2 protocol coming out.

A lot of people have been asking this and he's been pretty quiet about it. Fractal probably won't release the dimensions until there's a full announcement of the product. They were only teased in the Axe FX III announcement to explain there's a new FASLINK 2 protocol coming out.
The released the 3 dims, weight and price. The also said they actually have some FC already. I feel like it is just being over looked. Lol. The size and price of Fc will prob assist and determining if I get a 3

The size and price of Fc will prob assist and determining if I get a 3

It’s not like you can go and buy a III, so I would guess they aren’t really scared by your hesitation. :)

I can’t imagine it will be. The brain of the unit is built into the Axe3 and it uses fewer parts. It will probably be significantly less expensive than the MFC-101.

It has displays though. Which may cost much more than whatever crappy micro controller was powering the MFC.

It cannot. But chips for MIDI are dirt cheap. So that’s not functionality that costs any real money. Switches, power, comms, displays cost much more.

True, but should still be cheaper than the MFC-101 which included the development cost as a standalone unit. Development cost of FC is hopefully included with the Axe-Fx III, not the FC since it isn't a standalone unit. Just a box of switches and screens.

i.e. Helix Control, same features as FC12, $400.

The thing I'm wondering about the FC's is that since we've now got so much more flexibility in one preset, how do we take advantage of that with only 12 switches? Yes, daisy-chain, but that makes for a pretty large stage footprint especially when I add a couple of EXP pedals. External Switches will help, but in the II and AX8 the external switches don't get reset when you change presets so you don't know if you have to hit them once or twice. Will they reset in the III?

I can easily see how I'd want 4 switches for the four amp channels, at least a couple of IA for drives/channels, a few for fx like chorus/phaser/delay/reverb/pitch/etc, a boost switch, and I haven't even gotten to any scenes yet. (I don't always want to have scenes control the amp channel, because I may have different fx on or off that I don't want to have change when I go to a different amp channel). Plus tap tempo, Control Switches, and how do you change presets? I'll be interested to see how the templates are laid out because otherwise it sounds like more tap-dancing. And are there only 12 total possible pedal configurations, or is it more like 12 "pages" per preset?

When I had the Axe Fx 2, in the end I had the Mastermind GT/16. One of the things that was really cool with it, that I hope makes it into the FC6/12, was a "local" page. The way it would work is that when you loaded a preset, you could choose from a number of pre-defined system-wide pages, or a per-preset defined local page. So you could have a default page 1 that covers most of your needs with whatever that would be. And for specific presets, they would load a local page instead. Very handy and very flexible.

Otherwise I would assume that they would use long presses. Long press button 1, load the looper control page, long press button 2, load the preset selector page, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom