FC12 :: Button Aliasing Request

Is there a button alias feature available?

Like can Layout button 5 activate the same modifier that Layout button 1 is assigned? For example Amp 1 Bypass. So, in several locations Amp 1 could be bypassed. Right now, with Axe Edit all I see is a single item modifier assignment like a button or expression pedal.

In programming it would be called an Alias, is there some other terminology or location in the FC12 manual that shows how to do this? Or is there a feature planned. We are gonna need it to make use of all those 8 sweet layouts.

It would be nice to move the expression pedal assignments around on the different layouts too. You can see on Home Layout the channel incrementing of the blocks and a pedal layout geared towards improvisation control.

But on an Amp Layout it would be great to zoom into more amp modifiers with new assignments to buttons & pedals.

Attachments

• FC12-layout1.PNG
    FC12-layout1.PNG
    420.4 KB · Views: 50
  • FC12-layout2.PNG
    FC12-layout2.PNG
    437.9 KB · Views: 35
Is there a button alias feature available?

Like can Layout button 5 activate the same modifier that Layout button 1 is assigned? For example Amp 1 Bypass. So, in several locations Amp 1 could be bypassed. Right now, with Axe Edit all I see is a single item modifier assignment like a button or expression pedal.

In programming it would be called an Alias, is there some other terminology or location in the FC12 manual that shows how to do this? Or is there a feature planned. We are gonna need it to make use of all those 8 sweet layouts.

It would be nice to move the expression pedal assignments around on the different layouts too. You can see on Home Layout the channel incrementing of the blocks and a pedal layout geared towards improvisation control.

But on an Amp Layout it would be great to zoom into more amp modifiers with new assignments to buttons & pedals.
i can't understand your Layout diagrams, and i don't know what you really mean by Alias.

i don't know what "Layout Button 5" or "Layout button 1" means. what layout? what button?

if you mean Switch 6 on Layout 1 is Amp Bypass, you can also make Switch 6 on Layout 5 Amp bypass as well. you aren't assigning modifiers - the FC can control specific things like Bypass, Channel select, etc on its own.

Ok, great. I'm planning the layouts and that was going to be a problem with the Modifier type assignment format.

Any word on Axe Edit update to program the foot controller layouts?

Thank you for the info...

Yes, I missed the suedo midi type functionality of the FC12. Now it makes perfect sense anything on any layout can send commands to the fxiii to control it.

I'm thinking to prop the FC12 up on some kind of shoe rack looking rig / legs with them tilted forward. Then slide the expression pedals under a bit to consolidate it to provide foot access / reach.

t would be nice to move the expression pedal assignments around on the different layouts too.
Expression pedals are not tied to Layouts.

I suggested to Matt a while back that it would be nice to allow for dynamic reassignment of external controllers with a button and he said he would try to implement that.

I noticed in the pics you attached that you have tap+hold on your external buttons. I'm not sure that is supported for external switches...

Also, are you really planning for 10 expression pedals?

That dynamic reassignment would be sweet, like trigger it from a button or like an Expression+ type increment through 4 channel type thing would be great.

I've never been into the preset for a song, so this great flexibility is needed to free flow. Yeah, I got all ten pedals ready for when my name pops on the waiting list. Total $250 for those, FC12 should handle the overhead for all this layout stuff as not to burden the fxiii. So, should be able to max it out. There is a good percentage of spares too for future application.

Best thing I like is the mixer sweep between clean & distorted amps with about 12% of clean added all the time to the distortion for note clarity.

Good point on the external switches, anyone know if they have the same Tap / Hold function?

That dynamic reassignment would be sweet, like trigger it from a button or like an Expression+ type increment through 4 channel type thing would be great.

I've never been into the preset for a song, so this great flexibility is needed to free flow. Yeah, I got all ten pedals ready for when my name pops on the waiting list. Total $250 for those, FC12 should handle the overhead for all this layout stuff as not to burden the fxiii. So, should be able to max it out. There is a good percentage of spares too for future application.

Best thing I like is the mixer sweep between clean & distorted amps with about 12% of clean added all the time to the distortion for note clarity.

Good point on the external switches, anyone know if they have the same Tap / Hold function?

You should peruse the manual.

Are you getting 2 FC-12s? Only 4 pedals are supported per FC. You'd need 2 FCs plus the Axe Fx pedal ports for 10.

i think the concept for most MIDI controllers is "provide enough access to generally control what's needed during a performance" rather than "be able to control every possible parameter at once so you don't have to touch the main device or change presets."

i limit myself to one expression pedal, 2 if i absolutely need some effect. i'm not there to tap dance. i'm there to play guitar.

Two FC12

Yeah, I don't want to tweak at the fxiii. Have mac mini with 32" HD for tweaking and then with the full control layouts should eliminate any tap dancing. Everything is on the home layout for live improv, all blocks have Channel+ to increment through A - D, Scenes and then the rest is one click to a specific layout then use an expression to fast adjust like for recording purpose.

Can the layouts be posted to Axe Exchange, like part of a preset?

Two FC12

Yeah, I don't want to tweak at the fxiii. Have mac mini with 32" HD for tweaking and then with the full control layouts should eliminate any tap dancing. Everything is on the home layout for live improv, all blocks have Channel+ to increment through A - D, Scenes and then the rest is one click to a specific layout then use an expression to fast adjust like for recording purpose.

Can the layouts be posted to Axe Exchange, like part of a preset?
using 24 switches and 10 pedals seems to be the very definition of tap dancing to me :) if it works, it works. but i venture a guess that this use isn't necessarily the intention of the FC controllers.

Alright hold tight, let me tweak this out.

But if you're there to play guitar and the floodlight centers on you for a solo and you want to adjust your settings to accommodate the vibe of the crowd during an inspirational improv you'll have to stop go over to the fxiii while the band loops a rhythm then come back and finish your stairway to heaven solo.

So, why limit yourself to two pedals. Express yourself... You got an Fxiii with a bunch of effects. Sounds like you could of just got a couple stomp boxes or line 6 board with two pedals on it.

Alright hold tight, let me tweak this out.

But if you're there to play guitar and the floodlight centers on you for a solo and you want to adjust your settings to accommodate the vibe of the crowd during an inspirational improv you'll have to stop go over to the fxiii while the band loops a rhythm then come back and finish your stairway to heaven solo.

So, why limit yourself to two pedals. Express yourself... You got an Fxiii with a bunch of effects. Sounds like you could of just got a couple stomp boxes or line 6 board with two pedals on it.
Everyone has a different way of working...

I think part of Chris's point is that with the number of things you have planned to control, it's potentially going to take a lot of tapping to adjust the things you want... For me personally, I don't want to be touching more than a single button or maybe 2 while I'm soloing.

When the spotlight centers on you for a solo, there's no time to even think about what settings you wish you had, let alone execute them. ;)

After you've spent some time trying to tweak parameters with expression pedals, you'll know what we mean. That said, I'm curious to see where you go with this. I've never seen anyone, from hobbyists to arena-filling headliners, run with ten expression pedals.

I think @William Jordan is planning on doing exactly the right thing for him and well within the scope of things the FC model was meant to accomplish. During beta testing it became quite clear that none of us would end up with the same series of FC dance moves. In fact, there was only a single layout that someone else came up with that I’ll probably end up using. There’s no reason to think anyone else would be any different.

If you need to tweak your settings for the vibe of the crowd for the inspirational improv your probably way overthinking how much the crowd really cares about your tone. Don’t get me wrong, it’s good to care about your tone, but I’ll bet if you asked each and every person in the audience if they noticed the tweak of tone on that one solo and not one person would have any clue what your talking about. Audiences just don’t really notice or care about the stuff we, as a niche of niche guitarist, who frequent gear forums care about.

Back
Top Bottom