FC Wishes

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I’ve had my FC-12 for a few days and have been loving it! Here are a few things that would be cool to see in the future.

FC wishes:

1. Assign different colors to Tap/Hold on a single switch.

2. Color changes for each channel: If an effect is bypassed and the hold function changes channels, it would be great for the dimmed ring to indicate which channel it’s on. For instance, say Delay 1A is a quick slapback and Delay 1B is an ambient wash. The footswitch Tap is set to “Bypass” and the Hold is set to “Channel Toggle A-B.” Being able to select a color for A and a different color for B would let you know which channel you’re about to engage.

3. Effect Function: “Momentary Channel Select” for Tap and Hold. Imagine playing with “Effect 1A,” then holding and switching to “Effect 1B” for a brief moment, and switching back to “Effect 1A” once you release the switch. You could use this to change Rotary speeds, go from subtle effects to aggressive effects, change pitch, make an EQ go from musical to Lo-Fi...basically anywhere where you want to briefly engage something and switch back to your original channel when you take your foot off the switch.

4. Effect Function: “Momentary Bypass” for Tap and Hold. This would be useful when you want to engage an effect for a brief period but don’t want to have to hover over the switch to turn it on and off.

5. Effect Function: “Hold Momentary Overrides Tap.” If you want an effect bypass switch to be Tap or Momentary Hold with a single switch. In my rig, I have a pedal drawer connected through In/Out 3 for immediate access to weird effects. The application of this wish is to be able to set up one switch to Tap and engage the pedal loop, or Hold the same switch for Momentary engage/bypass.

Speaking as a feature designer and not an engineer here.

Some of this can be done easily with control switches. Have you gotten to them yet? For example, you can also do most of the things you've discussed in #3 with a Control Switch and not need to change channels at all. Still, Channel, Momentary Toggle isn't necessarily a bad idea, just one that hasn't come up much.

LED Ring Color is stored at the switch level, not the function level. It's therefore not possible to have a function change the ring color. I think this is pretty deep in the architecture/paradigm and not likely to change. This goes for both requests 1 and 2.

I'm not sure I understand request #5. I think you are saying you want one switch to be TAP=LATCHING, HOLD=MOMENTARY.

Back
Top Bottom