FC: Setlist?

edo

Power User
Vendor
Just spent a couple hours messing with my new fc12, but after reading the manual and configuring some global / per preset functions here and there, I noticed the fc does not have the setlist function (a la the mfc101). Is there an equivalent function I'm missing, or am I supposed to scroll between all (200+) presets in order to find the next song on the set??

...Is there an equivalent function I'm missing, or am I supposed to scroll between all (200+) presets in order to find the next song on the set??

One of the interim workarounds that's been discussed is to copy your presets in setlist order into blank space, and then use the preset increment up/down feature to scroll through them. I've done it that way, but it's less than ideal, as it uses up needed free space and requires maintaining multiple copies of the same presets.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the solution FAS comes up with in a future firmware release. It's my understanding that it will be done in the Axe-Fx III firmware, since that's where all of the FC "smarts" reside.

One of the interim workarounds that's been discussed is to copy your presets in setlist order into blank space, and then use the preset increment up/down feature to scroll through them. I've done it that way, but it's less than ideal, as it uses up needed free space and requires maintaining multiple copies of the same presets.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the solution FAS comes up with in a future firmware release. It's my understanding that it will be done in the Axe-Fx III firmware, since that's where all of the FC "smarts" reside.
This is what I do. I reserve the first 20 presets for the set list for the upcoming gig. It’s pretty quick work to use Axe-Manage to copy presets from elsewhere in the box and put them in order in the first twenty slots.

That is a good workaround, but if the band decides to change setlist between soundcheck and show, unless you have a laptop it’s not very practical...!

Pretty easy on the MFC, actually. I have a fairly busy schedule, and have taken to programming my sets at the gigs- takes me all of 10 minutes to program a three set night of 50 tunes.

Pretty easy on the MFC, actually. I have a fairly busy schedule, and have taken to programming my sets at the gigs- takes me all of 10 minutes to program a three set night of 50 tunes.
Without a laptop?

Not really practical on the MFC, either, though ;)
I’m with @svl, I can adjust an mfc setlist literally in 3 minutes - not to mention that I already have 10 setlist templates and most of the times it’s just a matter of swapping a couple songs between different sets

Last edited:
That is a good workaround, but if the band decides to change setlist between soundcheck and show, unless you have a laptop it’s not very practical...!

In my AX8 days, I purchased a little small 10" windows based tablet with 2 USB ports, detachable keyboard, and micro SD card slot for this very reason. The AX8 was hard for me to edit on at the time coming from an Axe II rack unit. The tablet cost me roughly $70usd and I still carry it in the front pocket of my rack bag in case I am out somewhere and need to make some changes to a patch or setlist that I have programmed into the rack unit(I went back to the Axe XL and recently upgraded to the Axe III. That $70 was a small little price for convenience since programming using the Axe Edit is LOADS easier than squatting down to look at a screen on the front of a rack unit.

I'm still waiting for my FC12 invite, but I assumed there would be set lists included. I really hope this is implemented soon but making copies of presets in the desired order will certainly be a workaround for the time being.

Ohhhh Man! YES !! YES please !! the setlist was the best feature of the old pedalboard.
We need to be able to use more than one preset per song, and also one or more scene of the same preset per song, and also be able to scroll up and down in our setlist without going through every single patch.
The setlist feature needs to be improved, but it definitely something that pro user need. I don't want to use a different pedalboard just for the setlist. pleeeease !!!

So we ask for a setlist mode that allowed us to assign to a switch non only a preset, but also a scene.
I don't really know if I'm clear enough...

I'm still waiting for my FC12 invite, but I assumed there would be set lists included. I really hope this is implemented soon but making copies of presets in the desired order will certainly be a workaround for the time being.
No, not really. Specially in a complex situation, when you need to make changes and you find yourself with multiple copy of the same patch and you don’t know which one is the most recent one.
The setlist is the way to go.
And, as I said, it would be amazing being able to program not only a preset, but also, a particular scene of a preset.

I’ve just received my FC-12 today and have had a look at the main fonctions.
On my opinion setlists unfortunately are not yet implemented and I don’t know how to change quickly the order of my presets just few minutes before a gig.
I know how to do that with my Helix connected to the Axe but now I should like to do the same with FC-12
Do I have missed something ?

I’ve just received my FC-12 today and have had a look at the main fonctions.
On my opinion setlists unfortunately are not yet implemented and I don’t know how to change quickly the order of my presets just few minutes before a gig.
I know how to do that with my Helix connected to the Axe but now I should like to do the same with FC-12
Do I have missed something ?
You can use Axe Manage Presets in Axe-Edit.

Yes I understand it's the only way to change the preset place but in that case we need to carry a laptop for each gig and it's not very practical on my opinion.
That's why all together we hope Fractal should implement this fonction in a new version.

Yes I understand it's the only way to change the preset place but in that case we need to carry a laptop for each gig and it's not very practical on my opinion.
That's why all together we hope Fractal should implement this fonction in a new version.
Yes... But you asked how to move presets and I answered that ;)

Back
Top Bottom