FC Setlist and Song modes

The guys of Fractal Audio are doing by far the best work and support I've ever experienced in a really long life as musician. And I'm quite certain there is a large number - if not all - of AXE-owners agreeing.

But there is one thing confusing me.

So many people, including me, are begging for the feature "Setlist(s)" so desparately for a long, long time.
With pleasure we read several times "It's on the to-do list." Thank you M@ for keeping us encouraged.
But it seems more and more hard to imagine that the best modeler in the world is still missing this feature which IMHO is essential for the giging musician.

But so it is. So inconvenient. And I must admit I don't understand it.

If I remember correctly, I think that MFC-Edit was actually contracted out and created by a 3rd party software designer. Couldn't the same be done for a Set List Creator for the FC's and still allow for "other cool stuff" that requires more in-depth knowledge of the system software to be done by in-house programmers? I don't think a Set List creator would have to dive deeply into the software framework and would be mostly a GUI interface with some top level calls to load a preset. Fractal has done this before but for some reason, there seems to be a big reluctance to provide this feature for the III. Too bad.

If I remember correctly, I think that MFC-Edit was actually contracted out and created by a 3rd party software designer. Couldn't the same be done for a Set List Creator for the FC's and still allow for "other cool stuff" that requires more in-depth knowledge of the system software to be done by in-house programmers? I don't think a Set List creator would have to dive deeply into the software framework and would be mostly a GUI interface with some top level calls to load a preset. Fractal has done this before but for some reason, there seems to be a big reluctance to provide this feature for the III. Too bad.
The MFC is a dedicated piece of hardware. The FCs have no "brains". I think that's a significant difference ;)

The MFC is a dedicated piece of hardware. The FCs have no "brains". I think that's a significant difference ;)
Yes, this thread is in the wrong category.
And yes, the FCs itselfs have no "brain" and the feature "Setlist" can - if ever - only be done by the AXE-FX III or FM III.
And yes, this thread should more correctly be in the categories "AXE-FX III Wish List" and "FM3 Wish List".

But the thread was in the past - I agree: falsely - created here.

And I really assume that it is unrewarding now to open a second (and third) thread in the "correct" categories to find all the remarks, discussions and wishes in this thread to be recognized.

If my opinion is wrong, with pleasure I'll be the first to start a new thread in the "correct" category .....

..... if it helps to be heard, finally .....

Last edited:
I could see it being incredibly useful if you could set the tempo as part of set list capability.
I just tested on my FM3 and FX3, and we can store the tempo when we save a preset and it changes automatically when we change presets currently. I don't think that's going to change with the set lists, so it looks like that request is already working.

I just tested on my FM3 and FX3, and we can store the tempo when we save a preset and it changes automatically when we change presets currently. I don't think that's going to change with the set lists, so it looks like that request is already working.
If you use per preset tempo, yes. Not if you use global tempo.

The reason I suggested it is the case where maybe you (could) use the same preset for multiple songs, with the only difference being a tempo.

Last edited:
If you use per preset tempo, yes. Not if you use global tempo.

The reason I suggested it is the case where maybe you (could) use the same preset for multiple songs, with the only difference being a tempo.
Sounds reasonable. And I think many players use the same preset for many (or all) songs. I personally would not use it, because I have a preset per song. Nevertheless, its a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom