FC Setlist and Song modes

I think I'll start with copying my presets for a setlist with the preset manager into a "gigging space", maybe slots 1-30 in the preset list, and bring them manually into setlist order. That should cost me 15 min per gig so it should do a s a workaround for the time being. I'll clean these presets afterwards. Since I do not tweak during a gig, that should do.

Can't cope with ipads and computers controlling my Axe. I'm not a technician, just a moderate musician. In the long run it would definitively be more fun to get the setlist mode back. And it would be nice if its handling would even be easier than with the MFC101. We'll see. I believe FAS has seen the need for this based on all the requests in the forum.

Can anyone help me out? Once I bank up using fc 12, if I'm past patch 512 it will go back to patch 1. Is there any way to have the foot controller continue on through the rest of the patches?

Can anyone help me out? Once I bank up using fc 12, if I'm past patch 512 it will go back to patch 1. Is there any way to have the foot controller continue on through the rest of the patches?
I’m assuming you have the mkII. There should be a setting in axe edit on the FC page>setup that lets you pick the upper limit for the bank #s. It’s the page that lets you select the LED brightness and all that if I’m remembering correctly.

I have my iPad, with ONSONG running on it, connected through a permanently installed wireless midi device with the Axe FX III. The midi connection has to be established once after I switch on the power on the AXE. Then I can select a song on the iPad, also by scrolling through a setlist, and the AXE follows. I can also select a preset on the AXE (yes, per song presets) and the iPad follows AND I programmed the FC6 so that I can stroll through a setlist on my iPad with my feet and the AXE follows.

So, switching works in all directions and syncronised on all devices and I must not use my hands to scroll through a predefined setlist. After long fiddeling with the midi programming I am happy with that for the moment and until the setlist can be defined more comfortable and error free in AXE-EDIT.
Started a conversation with you seeking more info on your setup. I am considering the same OnSong/FX 3 setup. Thanks

Kind of hard to understand why a company who is generally so response to the needs of its customers, continues to not provide the basic capability of a set list feature on the FC's. The need has been expressed for a number of years now and yet no set list option has been provided. Obviously they have their reasons for putting this so low on their priority list but it seems like such a simple programming task for such a capable company. Every time I see a "set list" posting, I think maybe this is it, only to be Charlie Browned once again. Disappointing to see people having to create their own hardware/software work arounds for this glaring omission to such a superb product. One of life's great mysteries!

Kind of hard to understand why a company who is generally so response to the needs of its customers, continues to not provide the basic capability of a set list feature on the FC's. The need has been expressed for a number of years now and yet no set list option has been provided. Obviously they have their reasons for putting this so low on their priority list but it seems like such a simple programming task for such a capable company. Every time I see a "set list" posting, I think maybe this is it, only to be Charlie Browned once again. Disappointing to see people having to create their own hardware/software work arounds for this glaring omission to such a superb product. One of life's great mysteries!
Agreed. This is the one feature I want more than everything else.

Considering the amount of time this has been on the table, I'm beginning to think it isn't possible to do.

.... or the Axe III is more directed to usability for recording and producing rather than live playing
.... or the setlist mode isn't really as important as we believe for live playing (i.e. live players use workarounds)

Back
Top Bottom