FC Setlist and Song modes

In my church band, I get around this by having my setlist on an iPad and having each song select the appropriate preset in the Axe FX III over midi. I don't actually have to touch the iPad since that is controlled via a foot pedal. Obviously, having something built in to the Axe FX would be better!

I have my iPad, with ONSONG running on it, connected through a permanently installed wireless midi device with the Axe FX III. The midi connection has to be established once after I switch on the power on the AXE. Then I can select a song on the iPad, also by scrolling through a setlist, and the AXE follows. I can also select a preset on the AXE (yes, per song presets) and the iPad follows AND I programmed the FC6 so that I can stroll through a setlist on my iPad with my feet and the AXE follows.

So, switching works in all directions and syncronised on all devices and I must not use my hands to scroll through a predefined setlist. After long fiddeling with the midi programming I am happy with that for the moment and until the setlist can be defined more comfortable and error free in AXE-EDIT.

So, switching works in all directions and syncronised on all devices and I must not use my hands to scroll through a predefined setlist. After long fiddeling with the midi programming I am happy with that for the moment and until the setlist can be defined more comfortable and error free in AXE-EDIT.

Any idea of whether this would work on the FM3?

I previously tried to do the same with an AX-8 and it didn't work due to the limited Midi capabilities of the AX-8. The AX-8 could not be programmed to send out a signal to trigger the next song in ONSONG.

I'm already using a tablet (Android) to run the FOH mix via an XR-18, so using a tablet to step through a set/song list is a non-starter for me. I could REALLY use something similar to the set/song list functionality that I had with my MFC-101. (Using an FC-6 at the moment, with two external switches dedicated to stepping through the set list.) I'm currently using the workaround of copying songs (presets) in set list order into an empty chunk of Bank A, but as I mentioned awhile back, this forces me to have multiple copies of presets and opens the door to big preset management issues. And it multiples if I want to have more than one set list stored at a time. (I used all 10 of the available lists in the MFC-101.) The lack of this capability is my one and only gripe about the AFX 3 and FC-6.

Last month before things got a bit crazy in other areas, Cliff and Bryant and I met briefly to talk about Set/Song/Section mode for the FC. I think we have a good plan once which will eventually produce a satisfying feature.

I'll just add that if this got implemented for the FM3, it would absolutely seal the deal for me to to purchase an FC-6 at the same time as the FM3! 🙏

Last month before things got a bit crazy in other areas, Cliff and Bryant and I met briefly to talk about Set/Song/Section mode for the FC. I think we have a good plan once which will eventually produce a satisfying feature.

And if possible add the Bank UP / Down function to quickly scroll the banks and the FC6 will be perfect
Thank you in advance for these upcoming developments

Hmmm, I hope this gets resolved by Friday, that is when my FX III and FC 12 show up. I thought I waited long enough, and did my research. Somehow I missed this info on the set lists. I have faith that updates are coming soon! I will miss my FX 2xl+, but looking forward to the upgrades.

Hmmm, I hope this gets resolved by Friday, that is when my FX III and FC 12 show up. I thought I waited long enough, and did my research. Somehow I missed this info on the set lists. I have faith that updates are coming soon! I will miss my FX 2xl+, but looking forward to the upgrades.
Oh you won’t miss the unit, the Axe Fx 3 is fantastic, sounds better than ever and with the new firmware amps are getting very very close to the real deal. This setlist thing is more something important for who plays live a lot. It’s still absolutely usable, and of course the new pedalboard is great and works better than the previous one, it’s just not very practical when it comes to prepare a setlist in advance.

I think you should be able to scratch the beat on your strings followed by the first few notes/chords and the song's preset and tempo loads automatically....to hell with all this bank/scroll/stomping!

And/or a camera lens built into the FC aimed at the player that lip reads you saying the song title and the preset loads and then lets you modulate the Wah with 'wah faces' no expression pedal needed....'lead guitar face' implements boost and added delay level...etc

Back
Top Bottom