FC Setlist and Song modes

Set List capability is currently available for the AXE-FX III through the use of preset mapping on the midi page. Doesn't require moving presets from one location to another via delete and copy functions. All you need to do is to tell the AXE that preset # xxx will be replaced by preset #yyy. This is done through a mapping table on the midi page. While this is not the most sophisticated implementation of a song/set list, it certainly works and is a lot better (imo) than trying to manually swap preset locations or leaving empty space to copy presets to.
I don't want to have to go into the front panel to change MIDI mapping for 40 or so presets for every gig. I want to be able to see preset names (not numbers), build/store multiple set lists, and do so via Axe-Edit or a similar computer-based utility.

I don't want to have to go into the front panel to change MIDI mapping for 40 or so presets for every gig. I want to be able to see preset names (not numbers), build/store multiple set lists, and do so via Axe-Edit or a similar computer-based utility.
I hear you ... I'm not saying that MIDI mapping is the ultimate solution ... it's not, it just happens to be better, IMO, than shuffling presets around. What you are describing is certainly along the lines of what I hope is eventually implemented.

The set list functionality on the Mastermind GT series is awesome. It's quite easy to build a set list in either the editor, or on the unit itself. I'm confident that Fractal will implement this feature in a FW update for the FC. Some day I might switch from my MMGT to the Fractal FC pedal; at this point I have invested a lot of time into configuration of the existing setup, and it's doing everything I need. The plug and play functionality of the FC is a huge draw, and based on my limited experience with a borrowed unit, it appears to be beautifully integrated into the AxeFX III ecosystem.

The set list functionality on the Mastermind GT series is awesome. It's quite easy to build a set list in either the editor, or on the unit itself. I'm confident that Fractal will implement this feature in a FW update for the FC. Some day I might switch from my MMGT to the Fractal FC pedal; at this point I have invested a lot of time into configuration of the existing setup, and it's doing everything I need. The plug and play functionality of the FC is a huge draw, and based on my limited experience with a borrowed unit, it appears to be beautifully integrated into the AxeFX III ecosystem.
It's been 2 years. I'm not holding my breath any more. If I would have known there'd be no setlist mode I'd have spend the extra money on the Mastermind

Did the FC's ever get the function to display a menu to select channels A-D like the FAMC Liquid Foot+ and RJM Mastermind GT has? Why are 3rd party FC's able to control more functions than the manufacturers own products?

I sometimes wonder what Cliff's thinking is when he's made a bunch of complaints about how he doesn't like Windows 10 compared to Windows 7 and I've wondered if he's ever owned a MFC-101 and FC-6/12 because those are his products that customers could make similar complaints about. The MFC-101 had Songs and Setlists, so why was such an important feature left out of the FC's? Why is it taking so long to implement? FAMC (Liquid Foot) is known for being slow and having the worst support but even they have implemented the function to display a menu to select channels A-D over a year ago and had songs and setlists since the original Axe-Fx and Ultra. :rolleyes:

Did the FC's ever get the function to display a menu to select channels A-D like the FAMC Liquid Foot+ and RJM Mastermind GT has? Why are 3rd party FC's able to control more functions than the manufacturers own products?

I sometimes wonder what Cliff's thinking is when he's made a bunch of complaints about how he doesn't like Windows 10 compared to Windows 7 and I've wondered if he's ever owned a MFC-101 and FC-6/12 because those are his products that customers could make similar complaints about. The MFC-101 had Songs and Setlists, so why was such an important feature left out of the FC's? Why is it taking so long to implement? FAMC (Liquid Foot) is known for being slow and having the worst support but even they have implemented the function to display a menu to select channels A-D over a year ago and had songs and setlists since the original Axe-Fx and Ultra. :rolleyes:
So you have to make a product that pleases 100% of customers before you can comment on issues you have with other products?

I agree as well. This definitely should be a higher priority than additional tweaks to the already awesome sounds we are getting.
Well, based on FW13b I sincerely hope FAS won't ever stop tweaking (though tweaking seems an inadequate word for these outerworldly improvements).
However, for us mere mortals to unleash all of this awesome sonic power safely without hurting ourselfs, set- / songlist functionality would be very, very welcome. Please @FractalAudio 😇

I've given up hoping. It seems like a fairly simple bit of programming compared to everything else they do and the fact that it hasn't happened in all this time makes me think it's just not going to happen.
Same here. I got on the wait list for the Axe Fx III when it first came out and bought one the day I got the invite in the mail. I had planned to do the same for the FC-12. I had reserved an FC-12 and FC-6 and had special plans for what I wanted to do with them. I got on the wait list and I waited for a couple of months before realizing the FC was not going to available for a long time so I started looking for an interim solution. My MFC-101 had been rendered essentially useless for the Axe FX III, at least for how I needed to use it. After a lot of researching and looking I found the RJM Mastermind and decided to get the GT/22. I got that setup and it worked great and the editor was fantastic and uploading changes from the editor was quick and easy. Much better than the MFC-101. I had gotten on the waitlist for the FC-12 and FC-6 knowing that it didn’t have song and setlist functionality, but it was promised so and I wanted it so...I waited.

I absolutely refuse to gig without song and setlist mode. It saves me so much time in setup and is much easier to use during a gig. One less thing to have to think about.

By the time I got the FC-12 invite email I had been using the GT/22 for a long time and to my surprise, Fractal still didn’t have song and setlist implemented for the FC-12. So, I decided I better wait until they get that implemented because it already seemed to me like there was a chance that it was not going to happen.

I keep checking back every couple of months or so, but it’s been a couple of years now, right? I love the GT/22 so much, I’m not sure, at this point, that I could be convinced to switch to the FC-12. I would like to try it out, though. But I’m thinking it’s not really going to happen. Seems like, if it was a real plan and something Fractal viewed as important, they would have gotten it done by now. Like langohr above said it should be a “fairly simple bit of programming” compared to the other stuff they’ve done to get it to market. I’m a software engineer and from my perspective, that functionality should be relatively easy to implement as long as they didn’t do something in their design that would preclude being able to implement it correctly. But I don’t think that’s the case. I think, for whatever reason, it’s just not a priority.

I may still buy one if they ever implement the song and setlist stuff, just because I’ve been so happy with the other stuff they’ve put out over the last decade or so and I’d like to give it shot. However, I’m not waisting time dreaming about it anymore. I’ve got a fantastic solution with the Mastermind GT/22 and it will be hard to kick it off the podium at this point.

Oh well, maybe they’ll have something even better when they get to the Axe FX IV.:)

I just logged in for the first time in a year or so just to ask this exact question about how the new foot controllers do set lists! Have to say I'm pretty disappointed with what I'm hearing. I would have thought that not only would we get great set list functionality but also the ability to drop the setlist onto a memory stick and pop it into the pedal when I get to the gig! Fractal do a lot of stuff right and I have been using my FxII and MFC101 for seven years now, but they still manage to think like bedroom guitarists quite a lot! Looks like its going to be a GT/22!

Back
Top Bottom