FC Setlist and Song modes

I think you should be able to scratch the beat on your strings ---snip--- tempo

There is a Wish List item for this part, basically - to allow audio as a source for tap tempo timing to help those of us with two left feet to get the tempo right. IIRC, there is another wish for a tempo increment utility function, too. Hopefully an update soon will have some new items from Fractal's Utility Muffin Research Kitchen....

I'm just discovering that my FC-12 can't organize my may Presets into Set Lists...(?)
I've had my AxeFXIII for a while now but only used it for studio work. I thought I'd bust it out for some gigging only to learn that Set Lists aren't 'a thing'......wow! Please tell me I'm missing something here people. Thx

I'm just discovering that my FC-12 can't organize my may Presets into Set Lists...(?)
I've had my AxeFXIII for a while now but only used it for studio work. I thought I'd bust it out for some gigging only to learn that Set Lists aren't 'a thing'......wow! Please tell me I'm missing something here people. Thx
I'm assuming you have not read the thread?

On the list, not yet implemented :(

In the meantime, you can reserve an empty area of presets for performance, and use Axe Edit to copy the songs into that range.

Once done with the gig, the copies in that area can be deleted and replaced with the next gig's set list.

In the meantime, you can reserve an empty area of presets for performance, and use Axe Edit to copy the songs into that range.

Once done with the gig, the copies in that area can be deleted and replaced with the next gig's set list.
That's what I do. Presets 1 through 20 are for the gig. Presets 50 through 128 are my personal library of tones. It's easy to drag presets from my library into the gig space in whatever order I want.

No

nope, unless there was a new upgrade I haven’t seen in the last month. What I do on the meantime is around 450, I start a set list by copying them to the slots. It’s about the best way to make it work for now.
When I use it for bass live it’s set and forget.

like we’ve all thought “they have to be developing something”

The Axe III makes me happy everytime i play with.
But this is a key feature im still waiting for.

There are a lot of things that are getting improved where i thought they are good enough, why are you improving this and not using the time for implementing the setlist-mode?

But im waiting and im sure it will be great in the end.

The Axe III makes me happy everytime i play with.
But this is a key feature im still waiting for.

There are a lot of things that are getting improved where i thought they are good enough, why are you improving this and not using the time for implementing the setlist-mode?

But im waiting and im sure it will be great in the end.

I could not agree more ! Well I absolutely love what Cliff and company does for improving the product and overall performance. I find that something like a set list when we’re paying $3000 for a foot controller and a device that still can’t even accomplish something as simple as a set list seems a little ridiculous to me. Again I love the Axe III, I’m just disappointed that it’s still not capable of doing something as simple as a set list. it’s frustrating to me and I don’t see any reason why we need more and more and more amps and tweaking features the often create minimal improvements, when having a workable live set list is so important and most of us !

I could not agree more ! Well I absolutely love what Cliff and company does for improving the product and overall performance. I find that something like a set list when we’re paying $3000 for a foot controller and a device that still can’t even accomplish something as simple as a set list seems a little ridiculous to me. Again I love the Axe III, I’m just disappointed that it’s still not capable of doing something as simple as a set list. it’s frustrating to me and I don’t see any reason why we need more and more and more amps and tweaking features the often create minimal improvements, when having a workable live set list is so important and most of us !

I absolutely LOVE all of the detailed work going into the Axe-FX III - modeling, effects, etc. It's pure gold. However, as others have said, the set list functionality is a huge loss of something we (those that buy into the combined power of FAS modeler and FC) used to have with the II and the MFC-101.

@Admin M@ - is there any way to know where this sits in the priority list? I know you won't give a time (particularly after the FM3 forum incident), but can you say if this is high on the list or sitting in a large backlog?

I absolutely LOVE all of the detailed work going into the Axe-FX III - modeling, effects, etc. It's pure gold. However, as others have said, the set list functionality is a huge loss of something we (those that buy into the combined power of FAS modeler and FC) used to have with the II and the MFC-101.

@Admin M@ - is there any way to know where this sits in the priority list? I know you won't give a time (particularly after the FM3 forum incident), but can you say if this is high on the list or sitting in a large backlog?

As you can imagine, the FC Song/Set function is more likely to be addressed after the FM3 is shipping and moving along nicely. The first order of business in that category, however, will be to migrate some cool new features from FM3 to FC world.

As you can imagine, the FC Song/Set function is more likely to be addressed after the FM3 is shipping and moving along nicely. The first order of business in that category, however, will be to migrate some cool new features from FM3 to FC world.

Makes sense. Thank you for the quick reply.

Set List capability is currently available for the AXE-FX III through the use of preset mapping on the midi page. Doesn't require moving presets from one location to another via delete and copy functions. All you need to do is to tell the AXE that preset # xxx will be replaced by preset #yyy. This is done through a mapping table on the midi page. While this is not the most sophisticated implementation of a song/set list, it certainly works and is a lot better (imo) than trying to manually swap preset locations or leaving empty space to copy presets to.

There is a Wish List item for this part, basically - to allow audio as a source for tap tempo timing to help those of us with two left feet to get the tempo right. IIRC, there is another wish for a tempo increment utility function, too. Hopefully an update soon will have some new items from Fractal's Utility Muffin Research Kitchen....
Sadly, the only real UMRK is now owned by a certain GAGA person...not particularly interested in updates from her.........

Back
Top Bottom