FC Setlist and Song modes

But that requires you to have all your presets arranged "near" each other.

Things like Set mode allow you to define a "set" of presets regardless of where they are in the preset slots.

Why can't you just use a layout where each switch selects a specific preset by it's number?

Use layout links to make it so when you select a preset it automatically returns to performance mode.

How do you do that? I'd like to select a preset and then have it switch over to my EFFECTS layout automatically.

Layout Link in FC Configuration. Is a very cool tool - I have my "Preset" layout switches set so when I press a preset switch, it changes Presets AND goes to my "Scenes" layout on the FC.
Ah yes, I remember seeing that. Will investigate later today when I am home.

You can... But what if you have an FC-6 and you have 30 songs in a set?

That means you burn at least 5 layouts for changing presets.
I see. I didn't think about having so many. You could still double up and have hold switch to the next 6, THEN switch layouts but obviously not an optimal solution.

I don't have an FC yet (still on the waitlist) but I just use preset manage and drag and drop my presets into the order I need them in the first 15 slots. When you drag and drop preset on top of another it just swaps slots so you don't over write or lose the preset. I have dozens of presets build for songs I play and this is how I make sure they are in the top slots before a gig and in the right order. Not sure I saw anyone mention that but wanted to share how I go about dealing with my setlists.

I'm currently using a Voes Mx-12 and it's works great for presets, scenes, and blocks. Can't wait to try the FC when my number is up.

Please understand, I didn't use the feature on MFC, so I am just brainstorming with you guys for a fix or temp fix... On MFC, did you have to program and name set/song list using the MFC buttons? I remember that being a royal pain... and really slow. I never bought the computer based editor...

Anyway - as we are talking 30-50 songs or so, can you establish a set preset area for "Set Mode", like 500-550
Copy your presets from your normal work area (like 1, or 4 or whatever) to whatever order you want it in "Set Mode" area - like 503 for song 3
Program FC Layer switch to start at 500 and limit to 550, then +1 switch gets to next song in list (maybe a hold for -1, in case you get tap happy)

You would of course have to remember to only mod your "work area" preset. But for playing live, would always be one button for next in set list.

Last edited:
The technology has to be there to be able to do sets, right now put in your set list hit the reveal switch, step through the sets and have your scenes for each preset right there

Please understand, I didn't use the feature on MFC, so I am just brainstorming with you guys for a fix or temp fix... On MFC, did you have to program and name set/song list using the MFC buttons? I remember that being a royal pain... and really slow. I never bought the computer based editor...

Anyway - as we are talking 30-50 songs or so, can you establish a set preset area for "Set Mode", like 500-550
Copy your presets from your normal work area (like 1, or 4 or whatever) to whatever order you want it in "Set Mode" area - like 503 for song 3
Program FC Layer switch to start at 500 and limit to 550, then +1 switch gets to next song in list (maybe a hold for -1, in case you get tap happy)

You would of course have to remember to only mod your "work area" preset. But for playing live, would always be one button for next in set list.

I can do this, but it takes up 40-45 preset slots times however many setlists I want to save. One setlist is not enough. I don't always have a chance to hook up my AFX III between gigs, and we don't necessarily use the same setlist at each show. And this method means I end up with two or more copies of each preset, which makes for maintenance headaches if I tweak a preset. In addition to 50 - 60 prests I use for individual songs, I like to keep most of the factory presets on my AFX, so I can't use up 150 - 200 preset slots just to maintain multiple setlists.

This was easy to do with the MFC-101. (I used MFC-Edit to simplify the process of creating up to 10 distinct setlists). This functionality is sorely missing in the FC-6 and FC-12.

The technology has to be there to be able to do sets, right now put in your set list hit the reveal switch, step through the sets and have your scenes for each preset right there

Pretty sure you're talking about the MFC-101, not the FC-6 or FC-12.

Last edited:
It seems clear that some work is needed on this issue hopefully sooner rather than later. Having the ability to call up various scramble tables which map stored preset numbers to virtual preset numbers ( e.g 1->372, 2->57, etc ) would be ideal (IMO) especially if you could name them - one of them could be called "NONE" which just does a straight mapping (1->1, 2->2, ... ). Seems like it would be pretty straightforward. Not sure why this issue is hanging around for so long - perhaps there are other issues and complications that we are just not aware of.

I can do this, but it takes up 40-45 preset slots times however many setlists I want to save. One setlist is not enough. I don't always have a chance to hook up my AFX III between gigs, and we don't necessarily use the same setlist at each show. And this method means I end up with two or more copies of each preset, which makes for maintenance headaches if I tweak a preset. IN addition to 50 - 60 prests I use for individual songs, I like to keep most of the factory presets on my AFX, so I can't use up 150 - 200 preset slots just to maintain multiple setlists.

This was easy to do with the MFC-101. (I used MFC-Edit to simplify the process of creating up to 10 distinct setlists). This functionality is sorely missing in the FC-6 and FC-12.

Pretty sure you're talking about the MFC-101, not the FC-6 or FC-12.
Yes I'm talking about the mfc101, with all the brilliant minds working on the Axefxlll hopefully will be a quick update

Last month before things got a bit crazy in other areas, Cliff and Bryant and I met briefly to talk about Set/Song/Section mode for the FC. I think we have a good plan once which will eventually produce a satisfying feature.

Thanks for the update, Matt! Looking forward to seeing (and using) what you guys cook up.

Last month before things got a bit crazy in other areas, Cliff and Bryant and I met briefly to talk about Set/Song/Section mode for the FC. I think we have a good plan once which will eventually produce a satisfying feature.

That's awesome, thanks!

FWIW. Playing in 3 bands with overlapping songs. I do not want to copy songs to alternate locations - a simple mapping of song order to presets will do nicely, thanks! Also, reduces the maintenance factor when tweaking.

Back
Top Bottom