FC Series Controllers Waitlist

Hey Rick, that is Petrucci foot switch, isn’t it? I’m not sure now, but it was quite expensive. However I only hear good things about it.

Do you know the feature that I love from MFC and FC (I hope)? Faslink. The ability to use a regular xlr to communicate and power is awesome.

Thanks for sharing!
Rob

I just got a GT/22 a couple of weeks ago. Works great with the Axe-Fx III and scenes. Love the interface. Very easy to setup and use. Great controller.

You can't use a 3 pin XLR cable for data and power, but they do have a 6 pin XLR option to do bidirectional communication and supply power. I like the XLR because it locks into the jacks. You have to buy or build an adapter to combine the midi in, midi out, and power into the 6 pin XLR. I bought one. Should be here Wednesday. Once installed in your rack case with your Axe-Fx III there is really no functional difference. Just plug in one cable to the GT and the Axe-Fx III and your good to go. The latest Firmware even supports runtime syncing with the Axe-Fx III through use of polling.

One problem is that the GT/22 is a lot more expensive than the proposed prices for the FC. So, if you can wait for the FC or find another solution you can save some money. For me, I wanted to start using my Axe-Fx III with a good control system. The GT/22 works really well for me. Doesn't mean I won't get the FC when it comes out. I just don't know when that will be. In the mean time I have a really good platform to control my Axe with.

I just got a GT/22 a couple of weeks ago. Works great with the Axe-Fx III and scenes. Love the interface. Very easy to setup and use. Great controller.

You can't use a 3 pin XLR cable for data and power, but they do have a 6 pin XLR option to do bidirectional communication and supply power. I like the XLR because it locks into the jacks. You have to buy or build an adapter to combine the midi in, midi out, and power into the 6 pin XLR. I bought one. Should be here Wednesday. Once installed in your rack case with your Axe-Fx III there is really no functional difference. Just plug in one cable to the GT and the Axe-Fx III and your good to go. The latest Firmware even supports runtime syncing with the Axe-Fx III through use of polling.

One problem is that the GT/22 is a lot more expensive than the proposed prices for the FC. So, if you can wait for the FC or find another solution you can save some money. For me, I wanted to start using my Axe-Fx III with a good control system. The GT/22 works really well for me. Doesn't mean I won't get the FC when it comes out. I just don't know when that will be. In the mean time I have a really good platform to control my Axe with.
Thanks a lot for the detailed info regarding the GT. I actually almost bought one, but fractal announced the FC, and I decided to hold for a while. I had no idea that the “a while “ would be so long.
Based on the last update, I’ll hold for couple months. If nothing, maybe that would be also my path.

Thanks a lot!
Rob

I bought a GT/16 and this box so I only have 1 cable as well. I love it. Its amazing, and meets all of my footswitching needs. Its a little bit more expensive than the FC but honestly its a really spectacular piece of gear, and beautiful in its own right.

Hey Rick, that is Petrucci foot switch, isn’t it? I’m not sure now, but it was quite expensive. However I only hear good things about it.

Do you know the feature that I love from MFC and FC (I hope)? Faslink. The ability to use a regular xlr to communicate and power is awesome.

Thanks for sharing!
Rob
Yes, Petrucci is using one on the tour, and RJM posted a video showing it on their Facebook page. I’m on the FC waitlist, got on the first day. I’ll likely get one and compare, but don’t have anything I am trying to accomplish that the MMGT doesn’t do just fine. Guitarists with a lot more complicated rigs use the MMGT but it works equally well for “one Axe Fx and one expression pedal” guys like me too. It is not cheap, but is to foot controllers what the Axe Fx is to modelers, so I’d call it “reasonably priced” for what it is and does.

Go ahead and buy two!

Anyone knows when FC 6/12 available?..Recently I have some works on my FAMC Liquidfoot JR+
with two BE-2 expansion buttons then summing up 12 buttons. It works well, for 8 scenes, bank up/down as well as preset up/down functions. You will know the midi foot controllers of FAMC adopt the concept of PAGE,which seems most likely FC-6 and FC-12 introduces there onto but under another nomenclature. Who know the price range of both FCs?...

Anyone knows when FC 6/12 available?..Recently I have some works on my FAMC Liquidfoot JR+
with two BE-2 expansion buttons then summing up 12 buttons. It works well, for 8 scenes, bank up/down as well as preset up/down functions. You will know the midi foot controllers of FAMC adopt the concept of PAGE,which seems most likely FC-6 and FC-12 introduces there onto but under another nomenclature. Who know the price range of both FCs?...
Supposed to be by end of Fall, but there is a world wide shortage of some components required to manufacture them that is causing a delay.

Prices are $499 and $699, I think.

So... this happy camper's got his hands on a FC-6... :tonguewink: !
fc.jpg
Secretly "borrowed" from a beta tester that came by for a cappuccino to take a look at my Axe FX3 that I received this weekend...

He made me promise not to say anything about it... but he never said that I couldn't show it...:grimacing: (and as pics of this unit already showed up online it feels okay towards FAS)...

Unfortunately, it's gone again... so, just like all you guys... I guess I have to wait some more to actually own one!

PS: no, I really am not commenting on this unit... we'll all have to wait for the final product!

Loving the Axe FX lll it’s seriosuly good, but having to wait like this for a remote is crazy lol.

I’m a touring artist so tend to only buy gear once (twice really as we need backups). While we’d love to use the new remotes the wait is forcing artists to seek out other gear, which they’ll most likely hold onto for some time.

We’re looking at 2 x controllers for example - CAE RST or Providence PEC2. Doubt we’ll be selling these to buy the FC12 when they eventually get released, too much hassle swapping these over later. This unfortunately is the problem.

Fractal rocks, and they are very lucky to have such a supportive and patient community. But artists are getting tired of waiting. Does anyone know when they’ll be released?

W

I certainly understand your frustration. Without pointing fingers about what decisions were made, the bottom line is, “ a shortage of parts from a foreign source is a shortage of parts”. (a very special part I gather) Nothing anybody can do, for any amount of money.
We all have to sit back and wait. The last word I hear is that Santa is hauling an extra sleigh this year! Let’s hope!

I certainly understand your frustration. Without pointing fingers about what decisions were made, the bottom line is, “ a shortage of parts from a foreign source is a shortage of parts”. (a very special part I gather) Nothing anybody can do, for any amount of money.
We all have to sit back and wait. The last word I hear is that Santa is hauling an extra sleigh this year! Let’s hope!

Thanks for the info!

That has to suck for Fractal, I do feel for them despite our frustration. Plenty of options available for us in the mean time though. Maybe we’ll look at these again next year when the manufacturing issues have been sorted.

W

Ok, now that FC is up as a product at Fractal's website, I have some hope that I will finally be able to get my FC-12, and in the website it is saying that shipping will start in December, matching "Admin M@" 's post.

If anybody from the waiting list already received the invite, please let me know! I'm anxious to see this line finally moving. :)

Cheers,
Rob

Ok, now that FC is up as a product at Fractal's website, I have some hope that I will finally be able to get my FC-12, and in the website it is saying that shipping will start in December, matching "Admin M@" 's post.

If anybody from the waiting list already received the invite, please let me know! I'm anxious to see this line finally moving. :)

Cheers,
Rob
In another thread, it's been said invitations will come 1 month from now. So it'll be around Dec 22nd.

I'm also undecided on which FC controller. Basic local gigs and occasional concert type gigs ....real estate space is a factor during transport and onstage.

Yet,.....if I can avoid a lot less "tap dancing" during performances....that is major factor too. ugh

I'm also undecided on which FC controller. Basic local gigs and occasional concert type gigs ....real estate space is a factor during transport and onstage.

Yet,.....if I can avoid a lot less "tap dancing" during performances....that is major factor too. ugh

I’m thinking we will be able to do “more with less” , with the new FC and the III. It is a tough call though.

I would also guess that a new version of the III in foot pedal form , is likely to eventually hit the market , and will share much of the genetics in these new FCs. - No idea on a timeline , and purely speculation.

I’m thinking we will be able to do “more with less” , with the new FC and the III. It is a tough call though.

I would also guess that a new version of the III in foot pedal form , is likely to eventually hit the market , and will share much of the genetics in these new FCs. - No idea on a timeline , and purely speculation.

My last year with my AXE-FX II I did "more with less" thanks to development of scenes and scene controllers compared with first FWs of the II. I used Morningstar MC6 for gigs and worked perfectly. For me it will be FC6. Perhaps I add my old 4 switch pedal for external switches of scenes 1-4. Will be all I need for sure.

Back
Top Bottom