FC ready to ship with Axe III?

What’s the point of resurrecting a six month old thread to complain about the FC? FAS has given updates on the status of the FC in other, more recent threads. It’s delayed and will be available when it’s available.

If the AxeIII without a dedicated controller does not meet your needs, there are other competing products on the market that may be a better fit.
I assume you’re replying to the original re-poster. I’ve owned an AxeFx III since late March, when I sold my XL+ and MFC. I only responded, when I read the part about pros having a work-around. That’s not what the person was asking. As for me, I’m patient. At home, I’m using it exclusively.

That really is a cock up of Brexit level stupidity imho, like selling a car with no pedals. I’m usually an early adopter, having had an Axe Fx2 and now an FX8, very glad I decided to hold fire for at least a year and wait till it’s all available and bug free
Not really. There are plenty of alternatives that can you used. FCB1010, Morningstar MC6, RJM Mastermind, etc. Any of those are great alternatives. If the AXE3 used a proprietary footcontroller then I would agree with your comment, but that is just not the case. I use the RJM mastermind LT and it works beautifully. Once they implement full support it will be even better.

I don’t need to hear the obvious, that others can use their midi controllers. The thread’s subject is about when the FC is ready to ship. If there’s no information, then fine.
But when people make statements that imply the AXE3 is unusable without the FC6/FC12 it is just not true.

My point is that you don’t release half a product, from a company such as Fractal I’d have expected a full solution from Day 1 or maybe I’m being optimistic. Not passively aggressive in anyway whatsoever, I have bought and own Fractal products and their competitors, one of which managed to release the Rack and Foot controller at the same time. I’ll need to see what G66 returns policy is like and hopefully sit down with one after christmas when a few of us Brits might actually have one as dropping £3k on a setup is not to be taken lightly these days

It’s working out for guys like Petrucci, Vai and Schon *shrug*
Who have some great guitar techs programming their midi switchers? Last time I looked I have no guitar tech, lol

Not really. There are plenty of alternatives that can you used. FCB1010, Morningstar MC6, RJM Mastermind, etc. Any of those are great alternatives. If the AXE3 used a proprietary footcontroller then I would agree with your comment, but that is just not the case. I use the RJM mastermind LT and it works beautifully. Once they implement full support it will be even better.

You missed a couple other alternatives. Line 6 Helix LT, Helix Floorboard, Helix Rack and Control, HX Effects all can be used to control and Axe Fx III.

My point is that you don’t release half a product, from a company such as Fractal I’d have expected a full solution from Day 1 or maybe I’m being optimistic. Not passively aggressive in anyway whatsoever, I have bought and own Fractal products and their competitors, one of which managed to release the Rack and Foot controller at the same time. I’ll need to see what G66 returns policy is like and hopefully sit down with one after christmas when a few of us Brits might actually have one as dropping £3k on a setup is not to be taken lightly these days

Now that Cliff has published a 3rd MIDI spec for the purpose of allowing other controllers to integrate more deeply with the Axe 3 I expect you’ll see some fine solutions become available pretty soon.

My point is that you don’t release half a product
The Axe-Fx Standard and Ultra did not have a Fractal footswitch at launch. The Axe-Fx II did not have a Fractal footswitch at launch. They are all “full products” on their own. I don’t see the Axe-Fx III being any different.

I think this is just another “I want updates and all the information... well now I have the info where is it hurry up.” If no one knew about the FCs, this wouldn’t be an issue at all. But then if everyone bought a midi controller and the FCs suddenly appeared, people would complain about that too.

As mentioned several times, the solution would have been to hold the Axe3 announcement and shipping. But MANY people are gigging the Axe3 right now with a footswitch if their choice and enjoying it. Why hold back a product when people can actually use it?

FWIW, three days ago I witnessed forum member @Justmc play a gig of kickass rock and roll using a Morningstar MC6 to control his Axe-FX III.

Edited to "in a timely fashion".....unless you think months waiting could be considered 'timely'.
How many units should they have colllected at the warehouse before starting to ship? 100? 1000? 5000? It takes x amount of time to make, and then those are shipped out to the wait list. I can’t see it going any other way. This is a small company.

How many units should they have colllected at the warehouse before starting to ship? 100? 1000? 5000? It takes x amount of time to make, and then those are shipped out to the wait list. I can’t see it going any other way. This is a small company.

This is my first experience in having to wait so long for any product, so I'd consider it unusual practice.

Having said that, I'm actually ok with the wait because I believe it will be worth it in the end. I'm putting faith into FAS to deliver and from what I've heard and seen so far there is no reason not to. I think I was being somewhat facetious born of a mixture of anxiety and excitement.

Edited to "in a timely fashion".....unless you think months waiting could be considered 'timely'.

There are other "in demand" products that come from small companies ... for example
  • Try ordering a Chapman Stick -- wait time is a few months up to almost a year ......
  • Then there is the almost 18 month wait for a King of Tone pedal .......
Neither of those items are in the same category when it comes to complexity of launching a device like the Axe Fx 3..

This is not unusual for small companies that make awesome products - be patient it will be worth it !

By the way, I waited 133 days for my Axe FX 3. Now that I have it - it was WELL worth the wait.
I am OK to wait a bit for the FC to come out - I am now using my FCB1010 with the Axe Fx 3 with no real constraints.

Back
Top Bottom