FC Power Supply

Are you using more than one FC? If not, a power supply isn’t necessary. A single FC gets its power from the XLR cable you connect to the AXE-FX III.

From the AXE-FX III Wiki:

“... If not powered through FASLINK II, the FC can be powered using a 9-12V power supply, 1000 ma, negative center, 2.5mm barrel. ...”

Can someone point me to a source for the right power supply for the FC-12? There are so many different options and I'm not sure of the connector size requirement.

Would this one work well: https://www.adafruit.com/product/79...UXlOrOrd4_eGCnMMJrCptrDPzE5153bBoCiXgQAvD_BwE

I do have a 12v 1100mA power supply. Is that OK to use?

Thanks,
Mike

The FC's are FANTASTIC BTW. If you have an Axe III, it's a must. :)

I don’t think the power supply shown in that link will work. Wrong polarity and jack size.

From the AXE-FX III Wiki:

“... If not powered through FASLINK II, the FC can be powered using a 9-12V power supply, 1000 ma, negative center, 2.5mm barrel. ...”
If you're not using the FASLINK II, how are you connecting the FC-12 to the Axe-Fx III?

Thanks for all the replies. I am using 2 FC’s. I understand that Faslink II lowers the first one. Thank you.

Thanks also for the heads up I’m barrel size. This confirms that my concerns about finding the right type.

I’ve sent a note to Fractal asking for a source. The manual states that they’re available on the store but I didn’t see any.

Thanks! That’s pretty much the only one I’ve seen and a I’ve been looking! I’m in the LA area and can’t seem to find one locally. It appears to be a less common configuration - especially the negative center. A bit frustrating as I need to hook up the 2nd FC to determine whether I want to keep it or not.

especially the negative center
Most 9V DC power supplies I've encountered are negative center...

I did a search on Amazon for '
dc power 9v "center negative"' - lots of results.

You'd need to sift through them to get the ones with the correct barrel jack size - I think it's 5.5mmx2.1mm but not sure.

Thanks for all the replies. They were very helpful. I found this article which was helpful. I found one I can use from my box of old power supplies. :)

Was hung up on amps rating but then remembered that the pedals requirement represents draw (confirmed by the article). So voltage is critical but amps can be higher on the supply.

Learn something new every day. Have been meaning to dig into that for years. Necessity is a powerful motivator. :)

Back
Top Bottom