Wish FC Momentary Scene / Channel Toggle

Now that Channels and Scenes are gapless, it's time for me to bump this. I'm requesting a way to be able toggle between Channels and Scenes in a manner resembling the behavior of momentary Control Switches.

As an example:

• You're on Scene 1, and you switch to Scene 2 using the FC12 button, but the moment you release that button you're back on Scene 1.

Here's a great use scenario: You're playing a solo that includes harmony that only last three notes. It goes by really quickly, and stomping once to engage the harmony and once again to disengage would just suck, so a momentary Scene would come in handy.

Why not just use the included Control Switches for this purpose? Well, for ease of programming. You can name Scenes and easily recall them in the Setlist and Song features. And Scenes and Channels are more powerful than Control Switches, because Control Switches are modifiers that cannot be attached to all parameters.

More examples:

• You want to switch quickly to a twangy tone on an amp that gives you some sort of Tele vibe, but you're there only for a few seconds, and you go back to a JCM800 tone. A momentary Channel will get you there, but a Control Switch cannot.

• You want to toggle on mic preamp saturation for just a few seconds on the Cab Block. A Control Switch cannot be assigned to the parameters controlling that, so you'd switch Channels to achieve the effect.

• You want to activate three effects pedals at once, changing Channels on two of them, as a call and response to your singer, and it just lasts a couple of beats, enough to say something obnoxious with your lick. A Scene is the best way to do that, but you only want it for a few seconds.

And there are going to be other momentary uses that would work really that I can't think of right now, but you get the idea. The ability to have the FC6 / FC12 switch Channels and Scenes only while pressing down, and reverting upon release, would be a huge programming help.

Thanks as always for considering, and thanks for what you do!

I like the idea, but there would be limitations. You cannot use a momentary tap function when there is a hold function also assigned to that switch. This is currently the case with momentary Control Switches and would have to be the case with any other momentary function. Hold functions on switches themselves also have two activation methods: on hold timeout and on release. The on release activation of hold functions would also not work with any momentary functions. Another is that Fractal allows for the use of latching external switches. Those too will not work with any momentary functions. None of these are necessarily deal breakers, but still things to keep in mind.

I like the idea, but there would be limitations. You cannot use a momentary tap function when there is a hold function also assigned to that switch. This is currently the case with momentary Control Switches and would have to be the case with any other momentary function. Hold functions on switches themselves also have two activation methods: on hold timeout and on release. The on release activation of hold functions would also not work with any momentary functions. Another is that Fractal allows for the use of latching external switches. Those too will not work with any momentary functions. None of these are necessarily deal breakers, but still things to keep in mind.

Good points. I think if they implemented this it would just have to be with the warning that a switched programmed for this operation could not also be used for holds. I never use hold functions, so it wouldn't bother me, but you're right; it would have to come with a warning for those who do use them. That's the great thing about the FC 6 and FC 12 though, you don't have to choose, just set the switch next to it to have a hold function!

Back
Top Bottom