FC - Main Screen Text Size & Brightness

api4u

Experienced
I don't "think" these are selectable, but thought someone might know for sure?
- Can text size be smaller or larger, to allow more or less characters to display?
- Can screen brightness be changed? (the main screen on my FC-12 is not as "bright white" as the selection label screens).

I don't "think" these are selectable, but thought someone might know for sure?
  • Can text size be smaller or larger, to allow more or less characters to display?
  • Can screen brightness be changed? (the main screen on my FC-12 is not as "bright white" as the selection label screens).
Text size is what it is.

As for screen intensity/contrast, spend some time in the FC Controllers > Remote menu. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, Rex; that was helpful, but "most" of the settings are also accessible in Axe-Edit III. I don't think the Label Brightness or the contract setting settings were accessible in Axe-Edit III, from what I recall, so that was good to be aware of.

As far as the text size - ok - it is what is it; as far as brightness for the main display - is that also just set at "default", with no adjustments available? When I adjust the FC Global Brightness, all lit annunciators, except the main screen, either dim or brighten. That screen is staying at a constant brightness, even when everything else if turned to the full off brightness.

Thanks, Rex; that was helpful, but "most" of the settings are also accessible in Axe-Edit III. I don't think the Label Brightness or the contract setting settings were accessible in Axe-Edit III, from what I recall, so that was good to be aware of.
Correct.

...as far as brightness for the main display - is that also just set at "default", with no adjustments available? When I adjust the FC Global Brightness, all lit annunciators, except the main screen, either dim or brighten. That screen is staying at a constant brightness, even when everything else if turned to the full off brightness.
All correct. Truth is, I've never found a lighting situation where the main display wasn't bright enough, and that includes direct sunlight.

Agreed on all counts, Rex; thanks!

The part of me that wants everything organized wanted the screen brightness to be the same on all the screen, and to dim the main screen, if I dimmed the individual labels.

I was also hoping to see if I could live with a smaller main screen text, in exchange for having more characters on the main screen.

Looks like neither of these is an option.

Thanks for all your help!

The part of me that wants everything organized wanted the screen brightness to be the same on all the screen, and to dim the main screen, if I dimmed the individual labels.
Yeah, it would be nice to have independent control of screen brightness. But for me, that's a small wish. In the heat of battle, I find that I don't even think about it.

Thanks for all your help!
You're very welcome.

Yeah, it would be nice to have independent control of screen brightness. But for me, that's a small wish. In the heat of battle, I find that I don't even think about it.

Preach on, Brother! Fractal's got bigger fish to fry. Not even a hint of a complaint on my end, just thought I was missing how to do it. I'm still a bit of an FC-newbie, and trying to get the concepts down.

Back
Top Bottom