FC Layout Recovery

orion32773

Experienced
So I played a lot this weekend and I came home and hooked the unit back up and had very weak signal. I sat for quite a while going through everything that it could be. I finally reset system parameters thinking that would be a good first step but I forgot that it wipes the FC layouts. Well, problem turned out to be a loose ribbon cable on the front instrument jack so hopefully this will save some of you down the road.

in the meantime, any way to get those back? I have an old preset that has what I want, so can I just reload that and then apply that layout somehow. I’m tired so maybe I’m not thinking about it correctly. I just don’t want to have to reprogram all those layouts for the presets. Several are “per preset”

I tried to delete this post but couldn't but I figured it out. I loaded the default FC-12 layout from the setup menu and all is well.

Keeping it around for other's reference.

(FYI, if you delete the 1st post, it should get rid of the whole thread.)
Ok will do. Couldn’t delete it though, even before I replied to it. Maybe it will help someone with the input issue. Thought about creating a new thread for that. Was such an easy fix to an extremely frustrating problem. Wish there were some sort of locks for those ribbons. Not even sure how they came loose. I’m pretty careful transporting it.

Back
Top Bottom