FC layout question

kevrock

Experienced
I didn't know which forum to post so I posted it here and in the controller forum sorry if this is not the right forum
I know that you can store 8 layouts. But is that all? Im trying to have a layout for scene 1 and a different lay out for scene 2 3 etc. My question is when I switch to another preset I can't seem to figure out if I can have a whole new 8 layouts. Are the layout just 8 total? so you have to use one or more of those 8 on all your presets or is there a way to get 8 layouts per preset? thanks.
I'm just trying to choose the 6or 12 id prefer the 6

I didn't know which forum to post so I posted it here and in the controller forum sorry if this is not the right forum
I know that you can store 8 layouts. But is that all? Im trying to have a layout for scene 1 and a different lay out for scene 2 3 etc. My question is when I switch to another preset I can't seem to figure out if I can have a whole new 8 layouts. Are the layout just 8 total? so you have to use one or more of those 8 on all your presets or is there a way to get 8 layouts per preset? thanks.
I'm just trying to choose the 6or 12 id prefer the 6
Scenes are within presets, that are within layouts. Each layout has different capability, and they can point to each other sharing data.
Don’t worry about having more layouts, you definately won’t need them

That’s where I’m confused. I use 3 layouts on preset one. And from what I’m seeing that only leaves 5 for the rest of my presets.

I responded in the FC forum, but in reference to your comment above - if you are really talking about presets, use the "per preset" function. But if you are talking about scenes as you mention in OP, all scenes have access to the same blocks in the same preset, so there's absolutely no reason you can't use the same layouts on different scenes within the same preset. It's not like they get "used up" or anything …. You just may need to think your usage through a bit and figure out what you really need to control with a switch.

The other thing I'll mention is that scenes are inherently designed to keep you from having to stomp on a bunch of switches to change sounds. So if you are changing scenes, and then needing to hit a bunch of switches, I'd rethink your use of the scenes.

If you are really just more comfortable with the traditional pedalboard paradigm, that's fine too, but if that's the case, I'd probably spring for a FC12.

I set my FC-12 up for two scenarios (live and studio). The layouts are more than adequate to give me unlimited possibility.

For live I use the perform 1&2 layouts with toggles in between the two.
From those two layouts I can access everything id ever want in a very organized fashion.

Let me know exactly what your situation is (live, studio, home, experimental etc), and I’ll help you out.

Don’t worry, the FC is extremely capable, and rock solid.

PM me.

If you use “per preset” override (there are 24 per preset overrides available) you could create (24/6)=4 [FC6] or (24/12)=2 [FC12] entirely custom layouts per preset.

Ok I’m gonna have to dice into this per preset thing. It’s new to me from my ax8 and of course my axe fx 2 had no such witchcraft. Lol. Thanks guys

The AX8 essentially has "per-preset" already. There are no standard layouts, you tell each IA switch what you want it to do. The difference is that on the III you first set up one of the layouts as "per-preset" and then go in and modify it in each preset for whatever you want.

Back
Top Bottom