FC layout issue

Metal Mike

I am not sure if I have something set incorrectly or if I am just doing it wrong but here is my issue. I want to use layout 2 for the three switches on my FM3 so it shows me the three scenes. I set it to layout 2, it works fine. Once I power down the FM3 and power up again it reverts back to layout 1. Am I missing something?

You need to select your startup layout, it's in the setup menu. Setup -> FC Controllers/Onboard Switches -> Devices -> Default Layout. Pg 77 of the manual.

I don't know why the default isn't "use what I was using last time I hit save."

I don't know why the default isn't "use what I was using last time I hit save."
This would be really cool and if it was per preset. Make it this way in the III as well. When I have song presets, I like to use scenes but when I'm free wheelin' I prefer the effects layout. A workout around option is to use per-preset switches and assign what each switch does in each preset. A lot of programming if you use a lot of presets though.

I use a modified OMG9 setup. I switched all of the effects foot switches over to per preset placeholders. Now I can define functionality as each preset requires. It goes really quick with FM3Edit, but is pretty tedious with the front panel.

This would be really cool and if it was per preset. Make it this way in the III as well. When I have song presets, I like to use scenes but when I'm free wheelin' I prefer the effects layout. A workout around option is to use per-preset switches and assign what each switch does in each preset. A lot of programming if you use a lot of presets though.
If you load OMG3, you'll notice that selecting a preset sends you automatically to the Scene layout. It's something I programmed because it works for me, but I can totally see how some presets work better going straight to effect.
I suggest for such a use to have the Preset selection send you right back to the Home screen. From there it is a simple click to go to either Scenes or Effects.

I suggest for such a use to have the Preset selection send you right back to the Home screen. From there it is a simple click to go to either Scenes or Effects.
Great idea thanks for the suggestion! It does add one more foot stomp every time but WTH, small price to pay

Back
Top Bottom