FC Internal Firmware 1.10

Just updated my FC12 without a hitch; none of the issues mentioned did occur.
I just wonder: why isn't this update available at the fractalaudio.com FC6/12 download-page? Only 1.09 is shown.
Updates hit the forum before the web site, generally speaking.

My FC-6 update worked just fine.
...but I went into the Main Layout tonight in order to get to the Looper layout. When I tried to go back to the Main Layout, a message briefly flashed about a Looper not being active - but I couldn’t get out of the Looper layout. Holding down the two right buttons did nothing. I panicked for a second, then did basic Customer Support (“Have you tried turning it off, then back on again?”). I rebooted the AF3 and all was well.

I wouldn’t want that to happen onstage tho. :oops:

When I tried to go back to the Main Layout, a message briefly flashed about a Looper not being active - but I couldn’t get out of the Looper layout.
This does sound like a bug and is not likely related to the FC 1.10 update. If you know the sequence of events that led to this condition, that would help greatly in finding the source of the problem (and thus it can be fixed). If it happens again and you recall the actions you just performed, please report back if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!

This does sound like a bug and is not likely related to the FC 1.10 update. If you know the sequence of events that led to this condition, that would help greatly in finding the source of the problem (and thus it can be fixed). If it happens again and you recall the actions you just performed, please report back if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!
I was in the Plexi 50 watt preset (008 or 009, depending on your starting number) on Scene 1. I was playing with the rotary block and wanted to play over a riff, so I used the MLM to get to the Looper layout. I hit ‘Record’, but when I hit ‘Play‘ I realized that there was no Looper block in that preset. sigh I didn’t really want to add a Send and Return block just to add a Looper, so I figured I’d go back to the Presets Layout (I‘m using the basic layouts right now). I hit the lower right button with my heel and then pressed the top right button to get into the MLM. That’s when the message flashed about “No Looper” and the screen stayed at the Looper Layout.

I was in the Plexi 50 watt preset (008 or 009, depending on your starting number) on Scene 1. I was playing with the rotary block and wanted to play over a riff, so I used the MLM to get to the Looper layout. I hit ‘Record’, but when I hit ‘Play‘ I realized that there was no Looper block in that preset. sigh I didn’t really want to add a Send and Return block just to add a Looper, so I figured I’d go back to the Presets Layout (I‘m using the basic layouts right now). I hit the lower right button with my heel and then pressed the top right button to get into the MLM. That’s when the message flashed about “No Looper” and the screen stayed at the Looper Layout.
Can you reproduce the problem if you go through those steps again?

Just updated my FC12 without a hitch; none of the issues mentioned did occur.
I just wonder: why isn't this update available at the fractalaudio.com FC6/12 download-page? Only 1.09 is shown.
Yea, I looked for 1.10 on the downloads for the FC, but only found 1.09 there & had to get 1.10 from this thread.

Had another issue last night - I’m using a NUX wireless system for my guitar, which shuts down after a period of inactivity. I was playing, and then took a break without shutting down the wireless. When I came back, the wireless system was off and the main screen on my FC-6 was blank. I could use the foot switches, but the main panel stayed blank. Rebooting fixed the problem. I have no idea if the wireless system played a part or not, but it and FW 1.10 are the only things that have been added/changed on my rig.

I'm having the same issue as others. I have FC 12. I have downloaded, and redownloaded the software several times, I have attempted to update several times. Stuck in failsafe mode. Unable to use my axe FC at all at this time.

See my Post #18 above. I had similar problem. Perhaps there is
something in the post you could try. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom